Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Stillorgan, Dublin

• 17-01-2006 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭

I recently rented accomodatin in Stllorgan, because i'm staying up there for 9 months of this year. I havent moved in yet, but the Place advertised NTL Line in the room. anyway, turns out that Esat OR Eircom, don't have coverage of broadband in stillorgan. I found this quite shocking, since i thought most, if not all, of dublin was covered by broadband.

I tried the Satellite Internet aswell, but hte landlord won't let me put a big pole outside the house.

So, Any suggestions.? Any way to get anything but 56k, Because if i have to get 56k, i will..

I can't think of any other providers.. cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Everywhere in Dublin is enabled. If the place has a phone line, check it with eircom or whoever.

You can check with NTL for broadband, but I would be surprised if you can get it in Stillorgan.

If you can't get ADSL and can't install external stuff on the house, you can consider Clearwire(.ie). But only if you're planning to do simple browsing, as they prioritise and deprioritise traffic and tend to drive everyone mad. This will affect gaming and P2P in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Well I live in Stillorgan and NTL is not available here. However I seem to recall a few years ago a fibre optic cable was laid along Upr Kilmacud Rd to the Sandyford Industrial Estate. I don't understand why it is not economic for NTL to provide broadband in this area.

Advertisement