Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Premier League on satellite.

• 17-01-2006 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

The following guide to Premiership Football is on the Euro Sat forum.
    Send a pm to Hagar for access.
    plenty of experts there.
    I have duplicated the post here since many of you cannot access Euro Sat.
    Hope the mods are ok with this.

Premiership Football is available worldwide on TV.
    I recently watched it on network TV in Canada.
    The Premier League website lists the channels that have the rights.
    Many of these channels broadcast on satellite.
    It's a bit long winded, but essentially pick the country you want.
    Premier League TV channels

To see listings of specific games you should use LJ's website.
    it really is the best.
    L.J.'s Football on satellite
    Go straight to UK/Irish section.

many people want to get more Premiership football at home.
    Here's an overview to how.
    FAQS

Q: What Premiership Football channels can I get on my SKY box ?
    A: Sky Sports , Premiership Plus, Setanta Ireland , RTE

Q: So what was that channel they had in the pub showing the match last Saturday ?
    A: Most likely ART but possible something else

Q: Can I get ART on my Sky Digibox ?
    A: No. The Sky dish is pointed at a different satellite. It also uses a diferent encryption system.

Q: What's the Norwegian and Greek channels that used be in my pub showing the match ?
    A: Canal+ Scandinavia and NOVA. Both unlikely to be there now as ART is much cheaper.

Q: Is ART the cheapest?
    A: No. The Albanian channel Digit Alb seems to be.

Q: How many football channels on the ART card?
    A: 4

Q: Do these channels, in particular ART, have English commentary?
    A: Normally yes but occasionally when they don't the rumours abound that Sky are forcing them to broadcast in their own language for one reason or another.

Q: What equipment do I need ?
    A: An 80cm dish (slightly bigger than a Sky dish at 60cm) pointed at the Hotbird satellite at 13 degrees east.
    A satellite receiver capable of handling viacess encryption or else one with a slot for a cam.
    A viewing card.

Q: can I use my cheap LIDL satellite kit?
    A: No. The dish is too small at 57cm and the receiver cannot take a viewing card.

Q: How much does it cost?
    A: basic equipment should run about €250.
    card subscriptions in or about €20 per month.

Q: How does the card subscription work?
    A: You buy it off-the-shelf in a 3, 6 or 12 month format. It counts down to expiry once you insert it in your receiver.

Q: My mate gets free Premiership football. How does he do it?
    A: Read the rules. We don't discuss hacking here.

Q: Does any channel show free to air Premiership football ?
    A: Yes. Channel 8 Turkey sometimes. It broadcasts on the Turksat satellite at 42 degrees east. get a motorised dish if you want this one. you could also try looking for a 'feed'. These are signals used by broadcasters to send matches to each other. Eutelsat at 16 degrees east usually has the most football feeds.

Q: What channel shows Celtic home SPL games?
    A: Polsat Sport on the Hotbird satellite. it's an expensive card to buy. do a google. Sky Italy have recently started showing some too.

Q: What channel shows Rangers home SPL games?
    A: Polsat Sport

Q: What channel shows FA Cup and Scottish League Cup games?
    A: DSF Sport from Germany. It's free on the Astra1 satellite. no card needed.

Q: Where can I buy this equipment?
    A: The guys on the satellite board have a very handy stickie ANSWER for this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

If anyone is interested in getting art sports you can get official 12 month subs off ebay for about 140 euros. I got one myself before xmas, and its a great price since some online shops charge that for 6 months. Heres a buy it now, I just found:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/1-YEAR-ART-SPORTS-DIGITAL-ARABESQUE-SATELLITE-CARD_W0QQitemZ5853415114QQcategoryZ60837QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just type art sport in to ebay.ie and more will come up.

But you will need a viacess cam and a receiver that accepts cams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

But you will need a viacess cam and a receiver that accepts cams.

without getting technical
    many receivers will take the card direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I will leave the FAQ at that. This is a football board after all and to go into more detail might mean moving off topic. You can of course get a lot more than Premier League with a simple setup. Some folk watch La Liga, Ligue1, Bundesliga, SerieA etc.,. . International football is widely and freely available too. Hope it helps. Please feel free to pm if you have any questions. Enjoy.

Advertisement