Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is a result not a result !

Options
  • 17-01-2006 12:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

...when Comreg say its a result , thats when.

Mobile Network Call Termination rates have dropped by 0% , effective 1st Jan but for most of is 1st Feb so Comreg are simply delighted with themselves .

Their long trek thru heavy EU regulatory cack, consultations, decisions, designations , consultations again, regulation ......... has ended in nothing short of triumph .

(some off peak rates have dropped but not daytime rates save a tiny adjustment downward by meteor p 21 of 22 )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Sponge Bob wrote:
    ...when Comreg say its a result , thats when.

Mobile Network Call Termination rates have dropped by 0% , effective 1st Jan but for most of is 1st Feb so Comreg are simply delighted with themselves .

/QUOTE]

It's so good to have our glorious consumer warriors in Comreg there to help us get these utterly "fantabulous" reductions. A whole 0% reduction after months of pointless consultations.

It would have been far cheaper if they hadn't bothered. In fact is there any point to Comreg at all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

bealtine wrote:
    It would have been far cheaper if they hadn't bothered. In fact is there any point to Comreg at all?

Don't forget that this longwinded and 'process' involved designating '3' with 'Significant Market Power' at one point despite the fact that '3' were not carrying calls because their network did not exist when the designation was made.

That ended up in the ECAP last autumn, cost to us all over €1m I hear .

Abolish them now I say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Sponge Bob wrote:

That ended up in the ECAP last autumn, cost to us all over €1m I hear .

Abolish them now I say :(

I can see no other option (personally) but to go back to the drawing board with regard to (non) regulation in the good "ol sod".

In fact no regulation at all would be far cheaper and just as effective in delivering nothing...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

bealtine wrote:
    In fact no regulation at all would be far cheaper and just as effective in delivering nothing...

Not having a regulator or an ECAP would be excellent value for money and would not leave us any worse off for the rest of this year .

I must recommend this to the DCMNR who are conveniently considering statutory provisions re : communications regulation.

The government can then come up with a proper regulator and a proper legal framework like they should have done from the word go instead of this pack of surrender monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

An ECAP is required as per the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

just to play devils advocate here*, in an inflationary economy 0% increase is an effective reduction.

John

*Off to wash mouth out with soap

Advertisement