Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another alrm/immob question

Options
  • 17-01-2006 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Is there any way to program a new remote (or reprogram an old one that has been fiddled with) without knowing what frequency your alarm is working on?
    Or is there a way to test the receiver unit in the car or change the settings on it to work with a new remote.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It depends on the car, there are programming routines on most cars that involve turning on and off the ignition a certain number of times / pressing certain buttons / swithces / pedals, counting the number of times a light flashes, then pressing the button on the remote and all that kind of malarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

What make alarm is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cormob

Its' a 96 golf TDI, couldn't find the brand name of the alarm, it's worn off the remote and i couldn't see it on the the main unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cormob

The car's in the garage at the moment so i'll have another look when i get it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i lost the fob for my 93 316i. so ding ding. i cant seem to get it programmed by anyone, tried several outlets. i can blag a blank unit alright, but no way of programming it? its a bmw alarm fitted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement