Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6280

• 17-01-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Seen this (Nokia 6280) advertised in CPW in their January Promotion and it seems they haven't got them yet and they are not sure when they are coming in. I looked up Nokia's website and it said that they due out late Dec 2005. Anyone know when they are coming out ?

TIA

Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Supposedly late this month/early Feb.

Some comments at the end of [thread=2054870311]this thread[/thread].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Am also waiting for release on 3 network. Bought V3X in December. Big mistake. Am getting straight swap from 3 on release day. The day cannot come soon enough!!!! End of this month at the earliest from my last enquiry. Don't waste time contacting 3 customer care direct. According to their own guys they are normally the last to know. Keep at CPW or keep checking 3 website.

www.three.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

.......End of this month at the earliest from my last enquiry.

At the EARLIEST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Jam Man wrote:
    At the EARLIEST

I went in again last night as i decided to go for the Sony W800i or whatever its called on Meteor and was told they have none left. So it looks like I am destined not to have a new phone for a while. Nothing else out there seems to catch my eye at the moment :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Am also waiting for release on 3 network. Bought V3X in December. Big mistake. Am getting straight swap from 3 on release day. The day cannot come soon enough!!!! End of this month at the earliest from my last enquiry. Don't waste time contacting 3 customer care direct. According to their own guys they are normally the last to know. Keep at CPW or keep checking 3 website.

www.three.ie

why was it a mistake? was the phone itself bad or did motorola strike again (faulty)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

why was it a mistake? was the phone itself bad or did motorola strike again (faulty)

For motorola fans I'm sure it's a great phone. But for nokia fans thinking of looking elsewhere, e.g. me, it's a big no no. sluggish menu and text messenging so poor that it would make a grown man cry. I can't wait for the 6280!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's just a Motorola. I had a play around with it, and while the software is improved (to be honest, they just seem to have ripped the SE K750 software and layout), it's still annoyingly slow, the camera is nowhere near as good as the W800i, and, more importantly, it's still a Motorola. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Anybody got any new info on when this is getting released? Every month it seems to be "the end of this month or early next month".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the end of this month or early next month

:v:

Advertisement