Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Milltownpass,

• 17-01-2006 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi have a mate who lives in Milltownpass, Westmeath, he would love to get broadband but eircom line tests fail. I know it is available in the town before him ( Kinnegad) and the town after (Rochfortbridge) but he was told it would be a long time before it would be available in Milltownpass.

He also rang one of the line of site providers and they told because of where his house is situated (in a dip) it would not work for him.

So I was wondering if anybody here has or knows of someone who has broadband in Milltownpass or does my friend have to stick with dial up:mad:

thanks Mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I presume the wireless provider was Lastmile as I know they've a mast on Fahy Hill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - see here

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Markjf

Occidental wrote:
    I presume the wireless provider was Lastmile as I know they've a mast on Fahy Hill?

Yes I think it was lastmile, but alas it's not to be. There not to cheap either are they:

Residential 512k/128k €33.05 ex VAT €81.82 ex VAT 10 GBytes

But I suppose beggars can't be choosers:(

Mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

im 2 mins away in rochfortbridge... my line just passed last week... get him to check again
    I would not bother with lastmile unless you know you will not get ADSL within a year as Lastmile are too expensive for a crappy slow 512k service and its a year contract.

Advertisement