Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brainiac - Absolute rubbish

• 17-01-2006 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Does this show annoy anyone else? If people have watched Mythbusters they would realise what a terrible show Brainiac is. It just annoys me that they say it's a scientific show but it's such a gimmicky show. And Jon Tickle is on it. I hate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

a light-hearted way at looking at science,because lets face it science is boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Skitbra wrote:
    And Jon Tickle is on it.

Everytime I hear that freak say "Here's one for you" it's all I can do to stop myself throwing something at the telly. Other than that, I must say I quite like the show.

county wrote:
    a light-hearted way at looking at science,because lets face it science is boring
    No it isnt :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Its just a really really poor cousin of Mythbusters. That's far more fun than Brainiac. It's really more of a kids show. It shouldn't be on at prime time tv. Have it on CBBC or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

It's fun. Live with it TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its not as good as mythbusters but its fun too.. I only saw mythbusters after i started watching brainiac.. Its fun... whats wrong with John Tickle?? He does not bother me. Its funny and the brainiac babes.. well they are hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I personnally hate it as well, but I know plenty of people who love it. It can have some moderately amusing moments though I suppose. Like the time they were investigating under what circumstances ketchup moved fastest - by pouring it over peoples heads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It's fairly awful alright.

What happens when you put dynamite in a microwave? What the **** do you think happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

rubbish tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Viz type TV not bothered and will watch it.

Wouldn't bother me enough to complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

IMO, it is absolute crap, especially that little fu*ker who presents it. :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

My six-year-old likes the explosions, but she'll soon be a bit old for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

meh

Brainiac, although not a show i will purposly turn the tv on for is one i would watch when mind numbingly bored. anyone that takes this show seriously needs a head exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think Brainiac (and Mythbusters AND practically everything on Discovery while were at it) is rubbish. Brianiac is undeniably retarded but at least by comparison it doesn't pretend to be educational or particularily insightful like most of the stuff on Discovery.

I think Lisa Simpson put it best when she said "but I'm hardly learning at all!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I dont think Brainiac is on Discovery. I've only ever noticed it on Sky.

I like John Tickle, Hammond, explosions and fire so I do enjoy Brainiac although I prefer Mythbusters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Science for retards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Mythbusters is hilarious....you can't go wrong with two gay explosives experts:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Worst show ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Your not alone OP..The show annoys me too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

RuggieBear wrote:
    Mythbusters is hilarious....you can't go wrong with two gay explosives experts:D

They're GAY !!! :eek:

I'm not watching that ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Brainiac is not something I'd endeavour to watch. I think it was mildly better during the first series. But then I found Mythbusters which totally pwns Brainiac.

For the record, I think Discovery is one of the best networks on Sky atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

K-TRIC wrote:
    They're GAY !!! :eek:

I'm not watching that ever again.

Dont know about Jamie but Adam has twin sons. So I guess not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Arabel wrote:
    Dont know about Jamie but Adam has twin sons. So I guess not.

I thought that about Jamie alright, why should it matter though, he know's his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

K-TRIC wrote:
    I thought that about Jamie alright, why should it matter though, he know's his stuff.

says here that he's straight. and that he's 50:eek: looking well for his age I have to say

http://www.nndb.com/people/371/000028287/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Brainiac - Absolute rubbish
    But, but... they blow up small caravans! What's not to like?

I think it's a pretty good show, it's not meant to be taken seriously (obvious enough) nor is it meant to be like mythbusters I think. It's mindless entertainment, with explosives and babes.

Also, this is Sky One after all, what do you expect?

Advertisement