Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surely this can't be right

• 17-01-2006 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭

Ok I've got what should be a good spec machine to run this game. Min spec i think is for 800mhz or something and recommended is 2gig.

Recommended Spec:
    2.0gig proc
    256 MB Ram
    32mb Graphics card

My pc:
    AMD Athlon 3200XP (2.2ghz)
    768MB DDR RAM (plenty)
    NVidia GeForce 4 graphincs card with 64mb Ram
    Plenty of HD space and a SB Live digital card.

Now you'd think that would be ample power to run this baby considering its higher than any of the recommended specs. Why on earth when I click detailed tactics to change anything mid game does it take about 2-3 mins for it to come up? Its really frustrating as I love the game but just can't be arsed playing it for this 1 reason.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Suppose I should also point out its Win XP (fresh install) with SP2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

thats very strange. i mean, my comp is well under ur specs and it runs fine for me.

check what programmes are using the most memory using ctrl-alt-del maybe.

also run whatever anti virus you have.

finally defragment your hard drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

see that the thing. this is a brand new install of xp! have symantec 10 running and not a virus to be seen and feck all running in the background as i haven't got anything else installed!

Its basically a new install, excluding the usuals (itunes, real player etc...) that go without saying this is the first and only app ive installed so far on the pc. Now one strange thing is that every now and then only when negotiating with youth expiring deals it will minimise and throw up and array error. I will maximise it and run along fine after. Still with slowness mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Re-install the game, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

If you are running in windowed mode, on a very large resolution, and have it at full size it will be slow to highlight buttons etc, and the tactics screen is painfully slow. Perhaps it may be something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

got it sorted, patched it to the latest level and it now comes up in an instant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement