Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] DVD / HDD Recorder + HDMI + DivX

• 17-01-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a brand spanking new DVD recorder with HDD, HDMI and it must be able to play DivX format.

All I can find so far is this Samsung DVD-HR725.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=316414&cks=PRL

Most of the others don't have DivX support.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quazzy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Sadly, your options are limited. LG RH7800H allows playback of DivX from harddisk (unlike Samsung), but you must put it into standby for timed recordings. Also I don't think its scarts do RGB, only composite. HDMI only does 576p. Powercity does this for about €460 last time I checked. If you don't need to store DivX files on HD, I would probably go with Samsung.

Edit: When I say "don't do RGB" I mean when recording from something like SKY. They do of course do RGB out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

butts wrote:
    Sadly, your options are limited. LG RH7800H allows playback of DivX from harddisk (unlike Samsung), but you must put it into standby for timed recordings. Also I don't think its scarts do RGB, only composite. HDMI only does 576p. Powercity does this for about €460 last time I checked. If you don't need to store DivX files on HD, I would probably go with Samsung.

Edit: When I say "don't do RGB" I mean when recording from something like SKY. They do of course do RGB out.
    Thanks for the reply butts,

I dont need to store DivX on the HD so I think the sammy is probably the best option. It's pricey but I suppose it should last a good while.

Cheers,
    Quazzy

Advertisement