Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB & Navini..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It makes you wonder how many of those 20000 customers are happy with IBB thinking that their low speeds are actually what broadband is; Unless you are it aware and have had no previous experience with ADSL and the like, you might happily think it is just great not to have to dial up.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

You have to admit though that anything is better than paying Eircom rates on a crappy dailup connection...

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

You have to admit though that anything is better than paying Eircom rates on a crappy dailup connection...

E.

True. I'm using RIPwave - not great at all, speeds rarely better than dial up, but €18.95 for always on, no contract, etc is not bad. It is much better than paying Eircon a fortune for similar speeds on dial up which is what I had been doing for a while.

Elsewhere, did have 512 through the phone line and overall speeds were much better, and it was a more stable product. But RIPwave will get me over the hill for the moment until I sort out a better longer term solution. And I was up and running in no time as opposed to waiting for weeks..... (Was considering Breeze but not too sure now after reading the many posts :eek: )

If only IBB got their act together, I think this could be a pretty good product with a lot of potential available. But it would need to offer speeds closer to the 512 and be more reliable than it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I wonder does Paul Doody read Boards much:

"That's what the mass market wants," said Paul Doody, managing director,
    Irish Broadband. "It's actually become a very popular gift idea. People buy
    it, love it and want others to have the same freedom."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I tested out ripwave the other day 60.8kps speed.
    I have a 2MB Breeze line - and at the moment I am only getting random sites.
    The ripwave was actually faster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement