Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell LCD

• 17-01-2006 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Bought a Dell 26" LCD TV back in the November and hasn't worked properly from day 1 (takes about 5 mins to turn on!!!). Anyway 2 months down the line the thing still doesn't work and they haven't replaced or given me a refund so I wrote them a stinker of a letter on Friday threatening legal action etc etc

Got an e-mail today with 3 options:

1. Repair TV and give me compensation. (No way!!!!)
    2. Full refund and give me compensation.
    3. Full refund and pick a TV from a link they gave me and they will pay the difference. They following is the main link:

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/59/xx/xx/8/3/criteresn.html?s=59&m=xx&t=xx&categorieid=3&cat=8&display=0&startrow=11&orderBy=Prix&sortBy=ASC&articleId=0

I've e-mailed them back to find out what the level of compensation is.

Anyway I'm not very technical and need a bit of advice. Does anyone know anything about LCD TVs and if you were to pick from the attached link which is the best? What are the main features you look for? HD Ready, Contrast, resolution, Anything Else?

The link above is page 2 of 4. Do you think I could pick a TV from 3 of 4 and 4 of 4? I paid about €740 for the Tv and I know someone in Glasgow who ordered an LCD and they had sold out so he got to purchase a Dell TV from another seller and they refunded the £150 Sterling (about €220) difference so I suppose I could at a minimum pick out a TV for about €1,000.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

link is broken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Did you buy the PC from Dell directly or from ebay or somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

link is broken

I've repaired the link above thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

dingding wrote:
    Did you buy the PC from Dell directly or from ebay or somewhere else

Bought it direct from Dell end of Nov for €740, opened the box and it didn't work, contacted them immediately, lots of hassle getting in touch with the right person, they offered to replace it but at that stage they were €560 on their website so I wanted a refund of the difference aswell. They wouldn't / couldn't do this and I've been waiting ever since for a refund.

Advertisement