Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the best theory i've heard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Yep, this is the one that's been on boards before (and the ESP-related one I'm on about in the last few pages of the 2x10 discussion). I didn't think it was going to be the ultimate answer a few months back purely because many aspects of it didn't (and still don't) seem 'neat' enough to satisfy a mainstream audience. I could see a lot of mainstream, dip-in, dip-out members of the Lost audience being furious by an answer that involved Dharma scientists mentally controlling everything. I still think that element and a few other of the more fantastical bits (the cryogenics mention, the delay after the crash) need some work, but otherwise, this is as satisfying a theory as any I've seen yet.

And it's beginning to support a lot more of the show as it goes on (which wouldn't be the case with many theories.) This one, for example, fits with Eko's 'mind-reading' by the monster and with Walt's ability to 'project' himself to others. (Shannon might have had a mind which was easier for Walt to 'connect' to, possibly because of a shared bond between them in "Exodus".)

Anyway, the theory is well worth a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Just spotted this in the theory, which is interesting given the issue about how a tiny craft made it from Nigeria to the South Pacific. (Assuming the island isn't actually near South Africa, considering the wonky magetnics at work on the island too.)

"The satellite also revealed an anomaly in the magnetic field under South Africa; it is pointing the opposite direction from the rest of the Earth's field and has been growing for hundreds of years."

Advertisement