Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Des Bishop and Knocknaheeny

Options
  • 17-01-2006 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Reading the Echo earlier it seems that many Norries are not amused at the portrayal of Knocknaheeny on Des Bishop's "Joy in the Hood " show last night.
    I thought it was not too bad ,but the "comedians" selected were not up to much
    The lad with the guitar singing "Imagine there's no Southside" was pretty funny though. I would have liked to hear the rest of that song.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

not amused? I'd say the only thing they weren't amused by is the lack lustre stand-up show at the end of the week. For supposedly one of the roughest spots in the country I thought it came off very well. The only decidedly iffy shot the cameras got in the whole show was the gobshíte boy racers doing donuts outside his council house.

If a bunch of disgruntled northsiders got together and decided they don't like it, chances are it's simply because they wanted their photo in the paper. It could have been done in a far more 'gritty' fashion. They could have gone out at night and showed people breaking into cars, teenagers joyriding around the place and generally causing havoc, a la "Prime Time Special".

Some bloody people will complain about anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I thought it was a very positive portrayal of Knocknaheeney.

I didn't think the stand up was that good, but maybe that's not really what the show was about. It was interesting viewing anyway, and I'm by no means a fan of Des Bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fruitcake

i didnt think it was so bad either..the 'comedians' were fairly poor though

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

We had all manner for langers giving out on 2fm and 96 as well. Des rang on gerry ryan himself to talk to that idiot from cork, who gave a bad name to cork people everywhere the likes of which des bishop or any other comedian in the whole world cud ever do!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Some people just love to complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

1) People choose to do the show

2) Des didnt do say anything untrue about the place, it's not meant to be a bord failte advert.

Advertisement