Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE video clips

• 17-01-2006 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

Hey I just wanted to see what people thought of the video packages that wwe put together. While the overall product seems to have otten worse over the last 5 years, the quality of their video packages before ppv's and the desire clips astound me. Would people agree, and if so what's your favourtite. Mine would be the first attitude clip brought out at the start of 1998. It featured a no. of the wrestlers in this abandoned warehouse, the clip ends with austin saying "try lacing my boots". Heres a link to the audio version of it. For any body who really loved the attitude era, particularly when it was all kicking off, this clip will bring a tear to your eye:) . http://members.fortunecity.com/sjptyltd/wwf.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Was that the "I know what you're thinking" video? I can't remember what that was like at all, but I'll never forget those words

The guy who did all those videos for WWE up until maybe 2 years ago (probably less) was David Sahadi. He left for TNA, and he's done some very good clips for them too, one with Rhino recently got me real into him again

Looks like he passed on some of his skills though, WWE's had some decent videos in that time. The Sacrifice and Desire videos will always be the best though. That one they had just before the nWo came in was excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

They do a brilliant job on them. There so good that I think you can become used to it and almost expect is as a given. As a huge Foley fan I loved the video they did for him with Staind's "So far away". The Kid Rock one that go's through the whole WWE history is brilliant too. The tribute video on Classie Freddie Blassie was very touching too. Not to mention the Eddie one. I could go on and on but whoever does those videos I hope there getting paid well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Fozzy wrote:
    Was that the "I know what you're thinking" video? I can't remember what that was like at all, but I'll never forget those words

The guy who did all those videos for WWE up until maybe 2 years ago (probably less) was David Sahadi. He left for TNA, and he's done some very good clips for them too, one with Rhino recently got me real into him again

Looks like he passed on some of his skills though, WWE's had some decent videos in that time. The Sacrifice and Desire videos will always be the best though. That one they had just before the nWo came in was excellent

Yeah it was "I know what you're thinking clip". I dont' what it was about that clip, but it just seem to make everything negative people said to you about wrestling seem insignificent. check out the link for it. Shame that wwe let that guy go he's done some amazing stuff. When I was checking out Michael Cole's biography on wikipedia it said that he was responsible for producing some of those clips, which I found kinda interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hey I just wanted to see what people thought of the video packages that wwe put together. While the overall product seems to have otten worse over the last 5 years, the quality of their video packages before ppv's and the desire clips astound me. Would people agree, and if so what's your favourtite. Mine would be the first attitude clip brought out at the start of 1998. It featured a no. of the wrestlers in this abandoned warehouse, the clip ends with austin saying "try lacing my boots". Heres a link to the audio version of it. For any body who really loved the attitude era, particularly when it was all kicking off, this clip will bring a tear to your eye:) .
    where's the link?

Sorry my bad. I copied it but forgot to paste it http://members.fortunecity.com/sjptyltd/wwf.html

• Advertisement

Just as a sidenote, I was reading an interview with someone recently..I can't remember who it was exactly, but he's a backstage guy in WWE, and he was sayin that it's the Brooklyn Brawler's job to do all those clips on Raw before the ads, hyping up whatever the main event is, or what match is next. I found it kinda surprising, not like he went to college to learn about it or anything!

Fozzy wrote:
    Just as a sidenote, I was reading an interview with someone recently..I can't remember who it was exactly, but he's a backstage guy in WWE, and he was sayin that it's the Brooklyn Brawler's job to do all those clips on Raw before the ads, hyping up whatever the main event is, or what match is next. I found it kinda surprising, not like he went to college to learn about it or anything!

On a sidenote to that sidenote, Howard"the fink"Finkel is rarely onscreen or announcing these days because he is the lead wee statatician.

the brawler has worked backstaqge for years. might not have gone to college, but there is nothing like hands on experience. he must be one of the longest serving people there. trhere's also the fact that he was the #1 jobber in the eighties/early 90's.

I'm not surprised he's got a job there at all, just that he's the main guy with part of their video production!

back in the 80's they didn't have as much money as they do now. maybe they just got someone already on their payroll to do it, rather than outsource the work and pay more for it. maybe the brawler had some experience in that field.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I always remember the buildup to the Cactus Jack / HHH match at the Royal Rumble 2000 being one of my favourite promo video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Anyone remember the "Unbelievable" promos form around '94?
    There was the one with the granny reporting a mugging in a cop station and tells the cop she fought off the mugger with a load of finishers.
    The another one had a guy trying to impress a girl on a park bench by impersonating Bret, Macho and Razor, until the real Ramon turns up and she goes off with him.
    They really stunk of the Todd Petingil goofiness that was around at the time

Does anyone remember video for the buildup to Michaels/Austin at WM 14. I remember it featured Austin saying how Bischoff fired him over the phone when he was in wcw. It was a great video, but that particular bit was one of the first times I had seen the WWF say/do something outside of kayfabe.

Advertisement