Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

mms via net

• 17-01-2006 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hey just a quick question!
    I have a picture on my computer i want to send to my phone is there any way you can send an mms message via the internet???
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

a better way would be to put the picture on the internet somewhere and then go to the pic on the gprs browser on the phone. its how i did it before. just sign up to a geocities account or something if you have nowhere to put the file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

If you have a bluetooth dongle on your pc and your phone has bluetooth you could send it that way for free, or use a usb cable to send the image. You could buy either for about €50.

if you're paying 50 for a bluetooth dongle you're getting ripped off. they're about 24 euro in pc world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

If you are a vodafone customer, you can use the Picture Album on www.vodafone.ie

It's a little lame but it works.

SG

i think the picture album is for putting pictures from the phone onto the net. he wants to do it the other way around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

i think the picture album is for putting pictures from the phone onto the net. he wants to do it the other way around

Actually, it does both :p

Just tried it, open it up and on the top red bar there is a create options. The screens are a little confusing but you can add pictures to the mms and send it to a mobile number.

SG

i stand corrected, well sit corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

you can also do this with meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

VF charge for those messages but you will have your problem solved. AFAIK the VF interface allows you resize the photo to optimise it for your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

if you're paying 50 for a bluetooth dongle you're getting ripped off. they're about 24 euro in pc world
    I never bought one before just going on the price I seen in Compu "Ripp-off" Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Might try this site says you can send photos for free.

Link removed read the small print.

sms.ac is a scam. don't join it

Advertisement