Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Far Do You Travel to UCD

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

I live about an hour and 15/30 minutes away.
    Not good for my two 9am lectures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'm so glad I have no 9am starts this year. That always involved being up at 6/6:30.....10 minute walk to the train station for the 7:15 am train into town before trying to get a bus out to UCD.

My earliest one now is 10am so I get the 8am train. Usually leave me about 20 minutes free when I get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I'm blessed.....40 minute walk or 25 mins door to door if I get the bus!

I used to know a guy from Athlone who got the early-bird train up to Dublin every day!....it's gonna be tough to beat that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

From my front door to UCD its about two hours thirty minutes by car, train, and two buses. Its not pleasant at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Bout 30-45 mins on the 10 or 46A... And I have no 9am starts.
    Living in town rocks for that reason alone.

Having said all that, I still slept in this mornin and missed 2 lectures...:o

• Advertisement

Jebus:eek: what time do you get up at to get to the 9am's? assuming you so so

About 6am. And the great thing is that I'm in at 9am everyday, which was the same situation for Semester 1. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Clondalkin Station--->Heuston--->90/91/92 to city centre--->10/46A to Belfield
    I get up at 6:45 for my 9am lectures (7:15 train). It's not fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Some people here should invest in helicopters.

How crap is it that a place with thousands and thousands of people working and studying there is essentially only served by one frequent bus route (city centre-->donnybrook-->ucd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I live about an hour from ucd, used to have to get a train and a bus which was hell on rainy days and usually just resulted in me not going in. Now I get a lift so it's grand but nothing pisses me off more than people who live 15mins away driving in and taking up parking spaces. Seriosly how lazy can you get?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Averaging 40 minutes on the 17 from Rathfarnham. No 9am starts, so no life threatening ground floor standing in the mornings. Those school kids that throw stuff off the bus at people can be rather entertaining on the way home at times. Other than that, you're lucky to even be on that bus at times :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

If I live on campus does that still count?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Live in Baldoyle, 5 minute walk to DART, 35 mins to Sydney Parade. Either get the not very regular No.3 bus (really should be a shuttle bus in the mornings) or a 20 minute walk to college with the greatest Tesco in the world on the way up to keep me happy! :)

All in all about an hour, never more than an hour 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Live in coolock, get 27x, can take hour and half to two hours depending on traffic, i've no 9 o clocks this year so i'm not too fussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

I live in Leixlip, so its a bit of a trek in the mornings. I get the first 66x of the morning and that just about leaves me in for nine. I remember the good ol' days when you could get the 7:15 bus and be in college before 8.30 with just enough time to have a hot breakfast and a read through the paper. I hate traffic.

I tend to get the train home in the evenings which means a 20 min walk to Sydney Parade, 1hr to Leixlip if its a direct train and then a 10 min walk to my house. So i guess id struggle to do it in anything under an hour and a half...

God it never seemed that bad in my head.

Jules

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I drive, 30 mins on average from door to car park in front of engineering building (the real front, not the side facing restaurant). Nice on a rainy day, not so nice when average speed reads as 12 mph and i would be better off cycling (if only UCD weren't a blackhole for bikes, i think most people i know have had at least 1 stolen :0 )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Julesie wrote:
    I live in Leixlip, so its a bit of a trek in the mornings. I get the first 66x of the morning and that just about leaves me in for nine. I remember the good ol' days when you could get the 7:15 bus and be in college before 8.30 with just enough time to have a hot breakfast and a read through the paper. I hate traffic.

I tend to get the train home in the evenings which means a 20 min walk to Sydney Parade, 1hr to Leixlip if its a direct train and then a 10 min walk to my house. So i guess id struggle to do it in anything under an hour and a half...

God it never seemed that bad in my head.

Jules
    Me too:D . I din't get the 66x though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Bloke Stabbed in da'Lip there this morning. An hour on the train, didnt think it would be that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i cycle 5km, 20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

i cycle, takes me 8mins in the morning and 5mins in the evening, damn hills! funnily enough i tend to be cycling into the sun and the wind both ways!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

My answer is the same as TheVan's.

Used to be a way different story when I lived at home though. Up at 6.30 and on a bloody bus for an hour and a half, only to be told not to bother coming into the lecture because I'm fcuking 5 fcuking minutes fcuking late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

I'm just off Bray Main Street, 30-40 mins on the 84 or 145 bus depending on traffic, made it in in 20 mins one time, which i think was a complete once off.

In first year there was no 145 bus,and the 84 is hourly, so had to Dart it to Sydney Parade and get the 2/3/walk up to college, took just over an hour incl the walk to Bray station, so was annoying for 9am starts, but don't have any of them anymore thank god.

Advertisement