Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another army or weapon u would like to see?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Give me an A10 tank killer please. DC style.
    a10-bc_16700_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

South African or the Finns

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

ambro25 wrote:
    Weapons:
    * good auld RPG
    * FAMAS
    * IMI magal and/or tavor
    * FN P90

Army:
    * a ET army (but balanced of course, no "Mars Attacks" death rays here)

Mod/TC:
    * a Star Wars TC (SW Battleground suckeh!)

p90 is suppposed to be coming out on the new patch.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=22170

the rpg is already in special forces i think.

the stinger for the at guys as mentioned above would be good. the spooky gunship for the commander wouldn't be bad either.

maybe an israeli galil or steyr aug would be good.

The styre sniper, an auto gernade launcher. Would like to see some proper special forces, i.e. the german special forces.

obviously the navy seals and SAS aren't proper special forces.

Lets see special forces get the 3 man quad.

atv_0679.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Ah yeah, second that :) we do need the little birds (btw, Kiowas are coming with the next patch or the Euro Force add-on, or where have I read that?)

Big-@ss hydrofoils/hydro-things (those with skirts and the fan), like the North Korean one in a recent James Bond opening, with lots'o turrets, for big/wet maps (plus would be well cool for beach assaulting on WI2007).

ambro25 wrote:
    Ah yeah, second that :) we do need the little birds (btw, Kiowas are coming with the next patch or the Euro Force add-on, or where have I read that?)

Big-@ss hydrofoils/hydro-things (those with skirts and the fan), like the North Korean one in a recent James Bond opening, with lots'o turrets, for big/wet maps (plus would be well cool for beach assaulting on WI2007).

for that u need the mark v boats the navy seals use. they have them in the game 'joint operations'.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/images/soc-mk-v.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/images/mark_v_soc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

razorback_box.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

for that u need the mark v boats the navy seals use. they have them in the game 'joint operations'.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...s/soc-mk-v.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...mark_v_soc.jpg

Ye i agree something in the water a bit better than them crappy boats we have now!! A bit of force from the seas!!! Maybe even a submarine!! That would be cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

ghost26ie wrote:

Thats in the Xbox version of BF2 as far as I know. I'm sure I saw it on the back of the box.

AH man I want that GI joe tank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Ye the GI joe one looks great!!! I was own in that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i want two new armies incorporated into a new patch.

decepticons and autobots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

i want two new armies incorporated into a new patch.

decepticons and autobots.

YEAH!!!!! Get some transformers in here... lol:D

http://images.art.com/images/-/Pat-Lee/Transformers---Starscream--C10095638.jpeg

On a more serious note, what are those under water jet ski type things called.... Drags you under the water. Could be accompanied by a small air supply of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

These should replace the tanks.

I want Spec Ops to get these instead of knives.

I'd settle for a single one of these.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

USN_hovercraft.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

USN_hovercraft.jpg
    Throw a tank and humvee on it and it'd be great for wake.

"assault hovercraft"

see my earlier post:

that's what I meant (only a tad smaller)

Failing that... one o'them:

at-at.jpg

:D

need one of these , or even its bigger brother

commander would never need the artillery

• Advertisement

That first one a 'daisy cutter'? Now one of those would be cool as well - wonder what kind of minimum gfx card you'd need to see that (from afar preferably) in full glory :D

Oh, and while we're on 'wished-for' air-delivered ordnance:

* tomahawks (so you get a chance to splash them with AA - seems fairer than arty strike, no?)
    * napalm (the-fresh-smell-in-the-morning and all that...)
    * cluster (sprinkle-sprinkle-little-bomb and all that)
    * neutron (effect would look just like bad lag - woops, all enemies (and friendlies in area) disappear :D )

ambro25 wrote:
    That first one a 'daisy cutter'? Now one of those would be cool as well - wonder what kind of minimum gfx card you'd need to see that (from afar preferably) in full glory :D

Oh, and while we're on 'wished-for' air-delivered ordnance:

* tomahawks (so you get a chance to splash them with AA - seems fairer than arty strike, no?)
    * napalm (the-fresh-smell-in-the-morning and all that...)
    * cluster (sprinkle-sprinkle-little-bomb and all that)
    * neutron (effect would look just like bad lag - woops, all enemies (and friendlies in area) disappear :D )

daisy cutter would look cool with a supply drop. both use parachutes so u could drop a supply crate just before u drop the cutter, some enemy on the ground think 'great, here come the supplies' and then boom. no more supplies no more enemy. also be great to drop on the lone guy tryin to take a base on his own. think it would be cooler than the artie. would look cooler.

could do with one of these:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Throw a tank and humvee on it and it'd be great for wake.

some of thoese craft can carry the tanks and humvee's so they would be cool for Wake Island a few mounted gunner on teh bow and you set try putting tanks to blow them up then :D

Well, cookie (aka daisy cutter) definitely more 'do-able' than a tactical nuke :)

I've yet to play commander, but do they have actual control of the UAV (as in: remote-ctrl) or is all auto?

What about that: UAV has (i) a couple of mavericks and (ii) can be remote-piloted by the commander à la TV-guided missile (like in helos/bomber jets).

I'd surmise that all code/User Interface is already in-game for that, so it shouldn't be that hard a mod to put in, no? Might make commander more attractive to play (and 'combat' points for actual kills easier to get as well)?

Not to mention an interesting commander-level quandary (as it should be in 'real-life' ;)): kamikaze the UAV early for that perfect opportunistic multi-kill/CP defense/whatever? Or stay on station to keep pin-pointing enemies about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

USN_hovercraft.jpg

One of these was on a map for a mod for BFV. Point of existance was it? cant remember off top of head. Wasn't much use to be honest. You would always get one spanner that would hop into it and take it leaving everyone standing on shore having to swim/chopper across to the other island to attack flags

ambro25 wrote:
    Well, cookie (aka daisy cutter) definitely more 'do-able' than a tactical nuke :)

I've yet to play commander, but do they have actual control of the UAV (as in: remote-ctrl) or is all auto?

What about that: UAV has (i) a couple of mavericks and (ii) can be remote-piloted by the commander à la TV-guided missile (like in helos/bomber jets).

I'd surmise that all code/User Interface is already in-game for that, so it shouldn't be that hard a mod to put in, no? Might make commander more attractive to play (and 'combat' points for actual kills easier to get as well)?

Not to mention an interesting commander-level quandary (as it should be in 'real-life' ;)): kamikaze the UAV early for that perfect opportunistic multi-kill/CP defense/whatever? Or stay on station to keep pin-pointing enemies about?

what u want is what the CIA has: the predator UAV with 2 hellfires, one on each wind. thats what they used in pakistan the other day.

Big Nelly wrote:
    Wasn't much use to be honest. You would always get one spanner that would hop into it and take it leaving everyone standing on shore having to swim/chopper across to the other island to attack flags

Not much difference since with BF2's UH60s in Clean Sweep, then :D

Oh and yeah @ ghost26ie, that's pretty much the one.

Anyone volunteering to recap' the thread for a comprehensive "want list" for emailing to EA? :D

Big Nelly wrote:
    One of these was on a map for a mod for BFV. Point of existance was it? cant remember off top of head. Wasn't much use to be honest. You would always get one spanner that would hop into it and take it leaving everyone standing on shore having to swim/chopper across to the other island to attack flags

every now and then u use to have the same problem in joint operations. they had those hovercraft in that.

could do with a laser designator to paint targets. give it to a sniper or spec op. then give jets laser guided bombs.
    could probably do with some WMD. not alot. just enough to neutralise a small area for a few minutes.

Big Nelly wrote:

I think it was in one of the later versions of DC, but It could have been POE. I rember seeing one badly driven and all the humvees on the back flying off was real funny.

I know 2 great armies. Aliens V predators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I think it was in one of the later versions of DC, but It could have been POE. I rember seeing one badly driven and all the humvees on the back flying off was real funny.

I know 2 great armies. Aliens V predators.

now that id like to see , no chopper whoring are plane grabing there complete infantry based combat from them two sides

Advertisement