Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferrals

Options
  • 18-01-2006 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Yeah,

I'm just looking to see if anyone's had much experience with them?

How easy/hard was it to defer for a year?

When did you need to get things in motion for various departments/schools etc to arrange for you to defer?

Just, I'm looking at deferring, so I'm just looking for other people's experiences.

P.B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hmm well I deferred for a year but it was before I started college so I could go travelling. I wouldn't have any experience with deferrals mid-degree. Sorry.

Your best bet would be to have a chat with the department, or maybe even a lecturer/tutor you get along with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

One of my best mates defferred for the year after 2nd year.She just went into the medical school and they gave here a form to fill out-you just give your reasons for deffering etc.Pretty easy i think.She always says deffering was the best thing she ever did as she went teaching in china for the year and got the travel bug out of her system before coming back to her course again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My friend deferred for personal reasons last year and didn't have much of a problem. She's back this year and raring to go. I guess if you don't know who to approach, the student advisor within your "School" is probably the best place to start. At least they can tell you who to talk to if they can't help you out themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Can final years defer graduation and all that it brings with it in a tumultuous downpour of grime and misery? Just wondering:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Can final years defer graduation and all that it brings with it in a tumultuous downpour of grime and misery? Just wondering:)

Are you really 'just wondering?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

panda100 wrote:
    One of my best mates defferred for the year after 2nd year.She just went into the medical school and they gave here a form to fill out-you just give your reasons for deffering etc.Pretty easy i think.She always says deffering was the best thing she ever did as she went teaching in china for the year and got the travel bug out of her system before coming back to her course again.

And she bagged quite a handsome young man after it all....:D

Advertisement