Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex Obsession...... help!

• 18-01-2006 7:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 19, and recently I just cannot stop thinking about my ex-bf. The thing is we split when I was 17 - we'd been together over a year and a half. Recently I just keep thinking about how it'd be if we got together etc. The thing is when we finished things got a bit messy, I haven't had any contact with him since, I don't have his number or even his email anymore, and we don't even have one mutual friend. So in my heart of hearts I know we're not going to get together, I really do. But it's driving me mad, I can't stop thinking about him! I know time can make the reasons we split up seem insignificant but even taking them into account, I really really want to give it another shot. This has only happened in the last few weeks since Christmas, cause there's a lot of stuff about Christmas that reminds me about him. It hasn't happened any other Christmas though, it's weird =/
    I've had a few bfs since, and he hadn't really entered my mind except the odd "wonder what he's doing with his life now" from time to time, but this is driving me insane!! How do I get him out of my head ?!?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

This isn't going to be much help to you as it doesn't really answer your question.

Up until very recently I was going through a very similar situation.

I didn't get him out of my head. I couldn't. I had a feeling that there was a bit of hope there though & I did have his number & we had a small bit of contact.
    I went for it & told him how I felt.
    We're now back together & very very happy.

(Also:- we only went out for a short while first time round, so emotions weren't really involved & so it didn't end badly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Luckily boozybabe had a good outcome....it won't always happen as such!

Just remember (yeh and you will hate this) that you are young.....I never ever ever thought I would get over the 'love' of my life....but I can assure you I have. I still think about him, but I have no idea what he is doing in his life. Things happen for a reason (corny but true).

I believe that time does heal all past grievances....so really, all I can say is to go out, enjoy your youth, have fun and the thoughts will subside!

goodluck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You really just need more time than others, either that or its just a phase that will past. Most of us have been through the mill in one way or another, the only active suggestion I can give is to stay active, and stop trying to replace what looks like your first real relationship. You're young, time to experience and live life the best way possible...most people find the "one" when they aint lookin

Advertisement