Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes would break your heart

• 18-01-2006 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

I love my iPod but absolutely loath iTunes. It has been non stop hastle since I got it. My latest dilemma comes from having just reinstalled Windows and wiping all my mp3's from my hard drive. Whats the point of having 15Gb of mp3's wasting space on your hard drive when I have them on my iPod aswell. Isnt that the point of an iPod! Anyway when I load up my newly installed iTunes it prompts me stating that my iPod is synced to a different iTunes library and gives me the option of deleting all the music on it and syncing with this one or I can click no and keep all my current music on my iPod. I obviously clicked no but now any music I put into iTunes will not get put onto my iPod and there dosen't seem to be any way of doing this without wiping all the current files on my iPod. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Solution? Don't use iTunes.

http://www.mediamonkey.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

TmB wrote:
    Solution? Don't use iTunes.

http://www.mediamonkey.com

Looks Good. Ill give it a go.

Tnx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I don't especially like Itunes myself, but you can do what you're asking using it. With your IPOD set to not Auto Synch with your itunes music folder (as you have it now i.e. manual updating) all you have to do is add songs to itunes then drag and drop them from your library to the ipod folder in the left navigation pane of itunes.

Check the FAQ at the top of the forum for alternatives to itunes; ephpod, Winamp etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

dub_skav wrote:
    Check the FAQ at the top of the forum for alternatives to itunes; ephpod, Winamp etc

I think you mean the FAQ at the top of this forum... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Apologies Bard, you are indeed correct. Got my forums mixed up

• Advertisement
Advertisement