Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'99 Ford Fiesta LX question (to do with getting water from the sprouts for the wiper)

Options
  • 18-01-2006 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

hi

was changing a blown bulb (right tail-light) yesterday evening. front windscreen was a bit dirty so decided to throw on the wipers and spash some water on it. the wipers work fine but no water coming from the sprouts. thought to myself, must be out of water! so got some screenwash mixture, mixed it with water, opened the bonnet and fill the water right up. tried it again. no go!! tried the back window to and no go there either!! when i press the button to squirt some water (either front or back) it sounds the same as ever (no difference that i can tell). i have plenty of water (filled her right up remember).

anyone got any thoughts on what it could be? i thought there could be ice on the sprouts so put some warm water on them but no go. plus last evening or so it has not been really that cold.

any ideas?

--laoisfan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

laoisfan wrote:

hi

was changing a blown bulb (right tail-light) yesterday evening. front windscreen was a bit dirty so decided to throw on the wipers and spash some water on it. the wipers work fine but no water coming from the sprouts. thought to myself, must be out of water! so got some screenwash mixture, mixed it with water, opened the bonnet and fill the water right up. tried it again. no go!! tried the back window to and no go there either!! when i press the button to squirt some water (either front or back) it sounds the same as ever (no difference that i can tell). i have plenty of water (filled her right up remember).

anyone got any thoughts on what it could be? i thought there could be ice on the sprouts so put some warm water on them but no go. plus last evening or so it has not been really that cold.

any ideas?

--laoisfan

Get a needle and insert it into the jets it may help clear any dirt/blockage.

Run a hose into the water resevoir at fairly high pressure to flush it out or use a small sive to catch any dirt which may be trapped in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

It could be calcium buildup on the nozzles.. check them and clear it with a small nail/pin if you see them blocked..

No use using a hose, the fiesta has an overflow i reckon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

css wrote:

No use using a hose, the fiesta has an overflow i reckon..

If you insert a hose into the water resevoir for several minutes, it will stir up any dirt which may be lodging in it and encourage it to flow out over the top. This will ensure that the water in it is clean. Sometimes the caps on these open allowing dirt to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

hmmm wouldn't it seem to be a blockage near the resevoir rather than the jets beeing blocks themselves? i mean, what are the chances of 3 jets (2 front and 1 rear) all being blocked from calcium buildup at the same time?

anyhow, i will do some checking on them when i get home.

btw, anyone have any links for basic car repairs? nothing detailed but just the basics. thanks.

--laoisfan

Advertisement