Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Desktop and World of Warcraft

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Tallon wrote: »
    Very sad!

What is?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

i get the same issue with playing wow through logmein, black game screen... however ive seen other people in work using it with sucess, never got to ask how!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 edrider82

Since we're talking about this again; has anyone been able to get sound by any means from WoW (or other games) using VNC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

LanceStorm wrote: »
    i get the same issue with playing wow through logmein, black game screen... however ive seen other people in work using it with sucess, never got to ask how!!

You have to enable the Mirror Driver somewhere in the logmein settings.

Will fix this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Great work, now the question is will you get fired for playing wow at work lol.
    best 3 year old thread raising first post ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

What is?

I was just about to nod my head sagely, but remembered that I'm reading the WoW forum in work, some 6 months after I quit WoW ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Something to bear in mind; I've read that WoW doesn't require an install, what I mean is that if you copy the WoW directory onto a USB pen drive, it will apparently run on any PC (assuming it's high powered enough)

I don't know how true this is, but it may be useful if you could use it directly on your machine in work, if for example you didn't have local admin rights to "install" the game on your work PC but that same PC didn't have the USB ports locked, it could work...

Of course this would be all dependent on whatever ports WoW uses not being blocked, I would attempt this but I'm in on site in a civil service office and the whole place is locked down mega tight :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can indeed copy the Warcraft directory onto a USB key and bring it anywhere with you, though any company with even the most basic security will have the needed ports blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

except my job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

TheDoc wrote: »
    except my job

off a usb key? wat size? hmm... fired!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd quicker hook my boss into wow then him fire me :0

Thought he may fire me and pay me to level him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/27/video-shows-world-of-warcraft-running-on-iphone/

Not sure if it's real or not, but seems fairly legit. Even the problems selecting the auction house search box with the iphone interface...

Advertisement