Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for Nomads

• 18-01-2006 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Have been waiting for about a year now for my exchange to go live with Smart, but now that it has it looks like I will be moving house in the next 6 months.

Was on to Smart and they said that any termination of the 12-month contract would incur a EUR210 disconnection fee, regardless of whether or not I got Smart in in the new house.

NTL have a minimum 12-month contract as well - so does that leave British Telecom as my only option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

AFAIK, Eircon are offering a 6 mth contract.

Digiweb seem to be doing something similar also.

Termination policies seem to be alike with all of them - break the term and you are obliged to pay.

Don't pay; they may not come after you for a small amount, but it will probably affect your credit rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

sapper wrote:
    Have been waiting for about a year now for my exchange to go live with Smart, but now that it has it looks like I will be moving house in the next 6 months.

Was on to Smart and they said that any termination of the 12-month contract would incur a EUR210 disconnection fee, regardless of whether or not I got Smart in in the new house.

NTL have a minimum 12-month contract as well - so does that leave British Telecom as my only option?
    There should be new packages out at the end of the month or early February as Eircom have released new wholesale prices for all bitstream providers.
    The minimum contract is being reduced from 6 months to 1 month.
    You might be aswell wait another couple of weeks to see what happens.

Advertisement