Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Drinks Part 2

Options
  • 18-01-2006 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Charleslandians,

It looks like there is a bit of demand for a 2nd night out for the Charlesland folk (I am sure other boards.ie people from around the area are welcome too).

What sort of date suits people? Personally I would prefer a Friday night - what do you peeps think? I can add a poll if we get a few suggestions.

Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

eoin_s wrote:
    Personally I would prefer a Friday night - what do you peeps think? I can add a poll if we get a few suggestions.

I can't do a friday night as i work every saturday.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

What about The weekend 25/26th Feb? gives everyone plenty of notice? plus i'm not free till then teehee! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

SJ wrote:
    What about The weekend 25/26th Feb? gives everyone plenty of notice? plus i'm not free till then teehee! ;)

The 26th is pretty much a definite no-no for me (significant other's "21st again" birthday).

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

I'll be there no matter what the date.
    Me and my bird are now safely moved in and can't wait to get out on the beer.

I have to say that the best boozer in town is Danns beside the Beachhouse.
    Had a good night in there last week.

Eoin, you have way too much time on your hands. I can't believe you're putting this much time into this thread.....fair play to you!

By the way, anyone else had difficulties with their washing machines supplied by Country kitchens through Durkans????? Ours broke the day we switched it on for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Hey, myself and the other half will be there whatever the date! We should definitely organise it a bit better this time. We went to the last one but couldn't find anyone! We were chatting to the barman in Script though, and he said that if we ever wanted to organise another night, we could reserve a few tables no problem. Might be a good idea, and it would make it easier to find each other!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

what about sunday afternoon drinks??? :D never did me any harm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Okay so if the end of Feb dosen't suit, how about Saturday 12th March?? Although that does seem like ages away!
    (I can't do the first weekend in March myself as I'll be away - going to the Nou Camp lads!)

We've been told we're due to snag that week actually, so will hopefully be celebrating. But will more than likely be still waiting!!

......... sorry lastsaturday, we mustve posted at the same time! Or a sunday afternoon is good is good for me too!

what about sunday afternoon drinks???

Sounds good to me............especially as i don't work Mondays!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 newcomeramy

BF plays for Greystones FC on Sunday afternoons so 5pm onwards would be ok when there's a home game...

Otherwise 25/26 Feb is out for us. So is March 11/12. March 4/5th is Perfect though.

Think the reserved tables in Script is a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

il be there no matter what the date also im a fiend for getting blind drunk with strangers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jaynie

Can I join? I'm moving into Charlesland wood tomorrow, well it will probably be next week but I pick up the keys tomorrow. I don't know anybody down there and would love to get to know the neighbours!

This thread is such a great idea BTW!

Jaynie wrote:
    Can I join?

The more the merrirer Jaynie..............welcome to our little community

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jaynie

Thanks! Lookng forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

ccfcexile wrote:
    il be there no matter what the date also im a fiend for getting blind drunk with strangers :D

There were objections from Greystones residents to the building of Charlesland for obvious reasons. If An Bord Pleanala knew that Cork City FC supporters would move in, this would still be open fields! :)

Just found this site by way of objections against the Costa Del Greystones marina plans. Where do you guys all meet up and do any of you use the shuttle bus?

ps. I suggest that (given the "Little Tallaght" badge applied by some to Charlesland) that instead of Charleslandians it's CharleslandIndians.

Marcais wrote:
    Where do you guys all meet up

Were trying to organise a day/night for all intereasted to meet up whether to get pi33ed or to discuss "issues".

It keeps getting pushed back, the last suggestion i saw was sometime in march. I think we should make it sooner rather than later. We will never find a date that suits everyone so i propose several dates. How about Sunday the 29th January @2pm in Script.
    Then again in March and May and July..........etc. etc.
    Marcais wrote:
    and do any of you use the shuttle bus?

I get the 8.10 bus every morning, you can easily spot me! I'm the one who looks very confused as i don't actually wake up until 8.15!

Marcais wrote:
    There were objections from Greystones residents to the building of Charlesland for obvious reasons. If An Bord Pleanala knew that Cork City FC supporters would move in, this would still be open fields! :)

Just found this site by way of objections against the Costa Del Greystones marina plans. Where do you guys all meet up and do any of you use the shuttle bus?

ps. I suggest that (given the "Little Tallaght" badge applied by some to Charlesland) that instead of Charleslandians it's CharleslandIndians.

Your right i should stop supporting city for the good of the neighbourhood :D

where/why did the little tallaght monkier come from first i heard of it ??

Beer Beer Beer...is that all you guys thinks about???
    I like the idea of a monthly get together...or even a weekly one.
    In fact why not go maddd altogether and meet up every night...just for a nightcap!!!!\

I'm also not too happy with this Tallaght moniker. All the same, I drive my bird mad by telling her that the best thing we ever did was move down to the Ballymun of Wickla.
    All I have to worry about now is the commute back into Dublin every day for work. I'm seriously thinking of looking for a job down here. Anyone know of any jobs paying about 1 million per year for a three day week. I'm open to flexi-time if needs be......:rolleyes:

All I have to worry about now is the commute back into Dublin every day for work. I'm seriously thinking of looking for a job down here. Anyone know of any jobs paying about 1 million per year for a three day week. I'm open to flexi-time if needs be......:rolleyes:

I've been looking into the taking up bank robbing extortion kidnapping and the like the pay is quite good if you don't get caught so pm me if your up for it :D

ccfcexile wrote:
    Your right i should stop supporting city for the good of the neighbourhood :D

where/why did the little tallaght monkier come from first i heard of it ??

well, would you prefer "the Greystones Ghetto"? someone stuck their foot in their mouth to me the other night, whilst outside a restaurant in Monkstown...:D

RE: getting blind drunk with strangers... just remember, if you're hankering, get on the green with a No3 or a putter, and we'll see you out there for a pint. :D

looks like we're moving in next Wednesday!!!

well, would you prefer "the Greystones Ghetto"? someone stuck their foot in their mouth to me the other night, whilst outside a restaurant in Monkstown...:D

RE: getting blind drunk with strangers... just remember, if you're hankering, get on the green with a No3 or a putter, and we'll see you out there for a pint. :D

looks like we're moving in next Wednesday!!!

the greystones ghetto jez wheres all this stuff coming from i should have stayed in churchlane ,seriously though wheres all this stuff coming from ive seen no knackers or bottom of the gene pool undesirables in the area ,
    ive lived in greystones for years now and there is alot rougher places than charlesland in greystones

• Advertisement

Apparently...some of the "WASP" locals who refer to Charleland as ghetto or whatever, also reffered to Eden Gate as Little Coolock :D €1m plus public housing..nice!!

I'm not in the slightest bit insulted by any of these monikers, it says more about the prejudices of the mouthpieces than it does their subjects. I'm especially not insulted by being called a blow-in...I am a blow-in! :eek:

My sister-in-law's family come from a town in The Peak District where they refer to anyone new to the village as a "comer". There's a 67 year old man lives there who moved there with his family when he was 4 and they still call him a "comer" :D

Most of us blow-ins are with the locals in objecting to the Marina and they appreciate this.

Ru wrote:
    Were trying to organise a day/night for all intereasted to meet up whether to get pi33ed or to discuss "issues".

It keeps getting pushed back, the last suggestion i saw was sometime in march. I think we should make it sooner rather than later. We will never find a date that suits everyone so i propose several dates. How about Sunday the 29th January @2pm in Script.
    Then again in March and May and July..........etc. etc.

I get the 8.10 bus every morning, you can easily spot me! I'm the one who looks very confused as i don't actually wake up until 8.15!

Hey, Id love to come on 29th as i missed the 1st booze up. But other half can't make it and I don't know anyone. Just incase anyone else is in same boat, I will be there.

Hey, Id love to come on 29th as i missed the 1st booze up. But other half can't make it and I don't know anyone. Just incase anyone else is in same boat, I will be there.

Me, RU and yourself will be there so far (but this is an "unnofficial" meeting, posted under a new topic http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054878338).

Not sure how we will know each other, but I look exactly like my avatar as does ccfcexile :D

Hey, felt left out so got myself one of those things too. I picked one that looked most like me..... obviously. Now we'll have no probs.

Seriously though, you will know me as I'm probably going to be the only non-national, the geordie accent will give me away. :)

Seriously though, you will know me as I'm probably going to be the only non-national, the geordie accent will give me away. :)

your not the only non national im from cork ;):D

ccfcexile wrote:
    your not the only non national im from cork ;):D

i'll be the token South African then... hopefully we're moving in this weekend, so we'll see you there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

I can't make the 29th unfortunately :( ... it's my birthday on fri :D and i'm a fan of 3 day birthday celebrations so will be doing the b'day lunch at home on sunday! Some other time deffo- Lastsaturday that is great news that the long wait is almost over!! :)

I'm up for anything that'll line my pockets with gold.
    However, I'm a bit scaredof guns...so the old armed robbery thing would have to go on hold. As for the extortion and kidnapping....sounds easy enough....got any prospective targets in mind??? (lol)
    Alternatively, my research shows that Charlesland could do with a Lap Dancing club.

I'd be willing to pimp my services to ensure that any birds working there would get a more than fair minimum wage.
    Apart from that, I see where the council may not put the funds behind the proposed 5-a-side astro pitches.
    Those things are a gold mine. I'd plough money into that if we could get a bunch of investors together to finance the entire thing.
    How much could it cost?????

• Registered Users Posts: 12 annie5

Hiya,
    Anyone interested in going to the ABBA inc nite in Greystones Rugby club on this sat the 11th feb??!! Would be a great laugh and so near to stumble home!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭familyguy

I think the original 'Little Tallaght' name came about because both Charlesland and Tallaght were developed in a similar fashion. Both were designed as little dormitory towns, and did not develop naturally.

I'd say most Tallaght residents wouldn't be happy having their home called Big Charlesland.

Advertisement