Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies on PSPs / Subtitles ?

• 18-01-2006 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I know it's possible to convert DVDs, AVI's etc to the 3GP format supported by PSP, but what happens when you have multiple audio streams and multiple subtitles?

For example I want to convert a series that has japanese and english audio and a whole bunch of subtitles to a 3GP video for PSP with japanese audio and english subtitles.

Is that at all possible, and what software do you use if it is? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I use FlaskMpeg to convert dvds to mpeg/avi it allows you to choose which audio stream and subtitle track you want to rip, as far as I know it only allows you to rip 1 audio and 1 subtitle track.

You'll need software to rip the dvd eg. SmartRipper. After ripping it I convert to avi using FlaskMpeg which is where I choose the audio/subtitles. Then use 3GPConvert or PSPVideo 9 to convert from avi to mpeg4 and generate a filename that the psp can recognise.

I only have my psp a short while and haven't done many conversions so other posters may have much simpler ways of doing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Thanks for that, doesn't sound too complicated :)

What's the quality like, is it easy enough to read the subtitles on the PSP screen, or should I just forget about watching converted anime on a bus/dart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Hardcopy you're a legend. I've been meaning to put subs on some of mine for quite some time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I found it by accident, ended up putting subtitles on an english soundtrack. The subtitles were easy enough to read when i did it, they were on a black box so it does obscure your view of the film. I didn't really watch much of the clip I made with subtitles but I'm sure it'd be fine to watch.

Advertisement