Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ps2 on PC Monitor

• 18-01-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Anyone done this?

My telly is **** and I'd say the picture quality would be a lot better if I could hook the Ps2 into the Dell monitor.

Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Are you using an RGB SCART cable or that dire Yellow/Red/White thing that most people use to ruin their games?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

The dire thing!

I usually unplug the scart bit though and connect each of the three coloured wires into the telly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

This is easier said than done I am afraid!!

You need to have the composite and audio cables connectors on the computer and they must be IN ones

Most new computers and computers with Windows Media Centre will have these

You would go about this like plugging your camcorder into the computer.

When you have it connected, I am not sure how you would make the picture full-screen, but you could always go to Windows Movie Maker and go to capture and watch it there??

I am not sure how you would make it full-screen though

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Effort!!

I'll see what I can do. It justs looks so much better on a big screen. Maybe I could use a tv card as well, my brother has one of them.

Thanks Timbuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have tv tuner card i use, no delay but some do have a delay, like milli second so itsa impossible to play games, look up a thing called "gamebridge"

u can get adaptors but they dont work too good, with color bleeds etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

The dire thing!

I usually unplug the scart bit though and connect each of the three coloured wires into the telly.
    You should try a proper RBG SCART cable then. It will give you an improvement. If the picture is still bad then it's your telly. But the SCART cable should be less than €10, so it's the cheapest option for now.

Advertisement