Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin Lloyd interview

• 18-01-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

From the Guardian last Friday:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/smalltalk/story/0,13852,1675446,00.html

Short and not particularly revealing, but worth the read.

Of most interest I thought was Lloyd saying it'd be the end of darts if drink was banned. Then over the weekend a guy who doesnt drink becomes world champion :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Interesting read. Sounds like he really loves the sport anyway. Yeah thats interesting what he says about the drinking. Obviously darts is a pub game but it seems to be moving further away from the drinking culture. Years ago they all used to have quite a few pints going on stage. Now though they sont seem to have as much and some dont have any.

I know that I a alot worse at darts after a couple of pints! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I think Terry Jenkins is the only one of the top players who doesn't drink before a game on the PDC side!

On the BDO side, I know Tony Eccles is allergic to alcohol and I dont think John Walton drinks before a game. And of course Jelle doesnt drink.

I think pretty much everyone else does! Taylor drinks white wine spritzers and Barney bacardi and cokes :D No pints I guess because of what Lloyd said about farting on stage :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think they have toned it down a bit though in how much they drink before they come on. Was it Mason though that came on stage to play a match and was pissed and ended up getting hammered? My memory is crap tonight so it could have been someone else.

Back in the day they used to drink while playing!

It was Monk.

I'd be more sceptical than you so about how much they drink :) . They are not allowed to drink on stage in televised events. If they were allowed, I think they would!

It was Monk.

Thats it. Dunno why I thought it was Mason.

• Advertisement

Mace was the one who was in jail for the best part of a year (for hitting a bloke with a hammer I think :( )

But he's served his time and is now a reformed character - and is living in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Mace was the one who was in jail for the best part of a year (for hitting a bloke with a hammer I think :( )

But he's served his time and is now a reformed character - and is living in Kilkenny.
    Remember Mason was at a tournament in the North a few years ago, we were out at a club on the Saturday and he was off his head on something dancing on tables and making a complete fool of himself, the next morning he was playing in the main tournament and was worse for wear and extremely arrogant (made no new fans that’s for sure) and blamed the lights/board etc for his poor form as he was trashed. He plays county darts now for Kilkenny I think could be wrong about the county be he plays for some county anyway.

Advertisement