Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb upgrade with Eircom, Confirmed

• 18-01-2006 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Dear Mr X,

Due to planned Eircom upgrade work being performed on the network there will unfortunately be a DSL outage beginning this Friday evening which will continue until Saturday evening.

This work is intended to improve connection speeds and services for all DSL customers.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that the improved service will make up for this.

It is expected that service will be interrupted from Friday at 22:00 until Saturday evening at 18:00 at which point full service will resume.

Kind regards,

Digiweb customer services.

Man So what do Normal people do on Saturadays ?? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

I'm dying to know if the new speeds be available after that outage, by the looks of that announcement they will be....but theres conflicting reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Pack3t3rroR

I am going from the 1MB/128KB €ircom line to 2MB/256KB. Only thing is, with these new speeds is there also an increase in the crap 8GB cap that €ircom have? If yes, by how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

What is the 3mb/256k package going 2?

you are going to 4MB/384KB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Digiwebs metro is still well better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

will utv broadband be gettin an upgrade as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

ricey wrote:
    Digiwebs metro is still well better.

Youve come a long way :-)

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

iggyman wrote:
    will utv broadband be gettin an upgrade as well

Yup iggyman. Applies to all Eircom owned DSL lines, regardless of reseller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 kiazoe

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    Yup iggyman. Applies to all Eircom owned DSL lines, regardless of reseller.

I phoned Digiweb to ask whether my upload/download speeds would change at all after the eircom work. I was told my speeds would not change

So, do the digiweb customer service just not have a clue or is there any truth in this statement?

Eoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

aw nice...thanks duiske lad..when will the now speeds take place...

• Advertisement

kiazoe wrote:
    I phoned Digiweb to ask whether my upload/download speeds would change at all after the eircom work. I was told my speeds would not change

So, do the digiweb customer service just not have a clue or is there any truth in this statement?

Eoin.

I also phoned Digiweb today and i was told that whatever Eircom do, will have an effect on ALL lines in the country regardless of the reseller. This means that Digiweb will also avail of the upgrades.

Advertisement