Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cantona blasts United 'sheep'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Unfortunately I have to agree, I would like to be proved wrong but I can't see us pulling out of this downward spiral with Fergie / Queiroz in charge. It doesn't matter what players are at OT there is no adequate leadership on or off the field at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Unfortunately I have to agree, I would like to be proved wrong but I can't see us pulling out of this downward spiral with Fergie / Queiroz in charge. It doesn't matter what players are at OT there is no adequate leadership on or off the field at the moment.

I agree we need some new players, Ferguson is working on it. If he buys in more donkeys then there's no doubt the Glazers will replace him. But 2nd to Chelsea is hardly a downward spiral and the stats prove that this is one of our best premier league seasons in a long time. As for CL, well Barca and Real have been knocked out in the first round in recent years, I don't remember there being any talk of them going down the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

there is no adequate leadership on or off the field at the moment.
    Helllooo!!??!! Gary Neville??!!??

[what's the odds on him seeing red at the weekend by the way?]

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=354635&CPID=21&title=Gattuso+in+United+link&lid=2&channel=Football_Home&f=rss

United interested in Gattuso? Not exactly a sheep. I remember an interview with Gattuso a while ago where he said he wanted to eventually play for united. Seriously doubt that Ruud would be part of a swap, maybe they'd like Ronaldo? Sure throw him in for free! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

In all fairness, I don't think United supporters need Cantona to tell them that, they can see it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Gattuso's wife's family is in Scotland afaik (from his Rangers days) so could be a move he'd be eager for. I wonder does he get a booing at Lansdowne?

p.pete wrote:
    I wonder does he get a booing at Lansdowne?

Yea I think it was him people were booing at the Italy friendly. It's pathetic if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno if its related but RVN is supposed to have had a go at Ronaldo but why I dunno. Maybe he suggested he knuckle down rather than showboat.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mike65 wrote:
    I dunno if its related but RVN is supposed to have had a go at Ronaldo but why I dunno. Maybe he suggested he knuckle down rather than showboat.

Mike.

It was all over the sports sections over the last couple of days. Dunno why I'm even bothering saying this but the Mirror even had an article today saying that some of the big European teams were interested in bidding for him (Ronaldo) and had contacted his agent. The Mirror even reckoned that Utd. would get 20 million for him. Sounds like rubbish to me.

Cue all the :rolleyes: & :D &:eek: 's

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Can't find the link now but I read it was over Ronaldo's performance in the City match and for getting sent off. Reporters could have just made that up though, who knows maybe he stole his lunch :p RVN is known to have fights in the training ground anyway, he had a go at Ferdinand at the start of the season and i remember a couple of years back himself and Edgar Davids had a row on the Dutch training pitch.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    The Mirror even reckoned that Utd. would get 20 million for him. Sounds like rubbish to me.

The press know where to hit Ferguson where it hurts and Ruud is his prized possesion. Like Ferguson himself said, they're out to bash united and even more so now since he confronted the press over it. On the otherhand, I'm sure Ruud wants a CL medal before he gets too old and he's 29 now...

Gegerty wrote:
    The press know where to hit Ferguson where it hurts and Ruud is his prized possesion. Like Ferguson himself said, they're out to bash united and even more so now since he confronted the press over it. On the otherhand, I'm sure Ruud wants a CL medal before he gets too old and he's 29 now...
    Sorry, I actually mean't Ronaldo. I edited my post to correct it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

€20 million??? one word....SELL!!!!
    Seriously if he dont knuckle down and do something soon i think 99% of United fans will want him gone, he complains about everything and their is not much of an end-product at the moment.
    I hope Ferguson can sort him out though as their is a gut feeling he could come back to haunt us if we let him go,and as for the RVD bust up...well it happens at any level in training!
    Id be worried if tempers werent running high after a 3-1 defeat to city, maybe thats what ronaldo needs a bollicking from his team mates

Didn't realise that you could get the Mirror articles(rumours) online. I only just read it in one of the papers here in work. Here it is, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it though.
    RONALDO ON HIS WAY OUT
    FA CUP THIRD ROUND REPLAY Man Utd v Burton, Old Trafford, tonight, KO 8pm
    By David Mcdonnell
    CRISTIANO RONALDO could be on his way out of Manchester United this summer in a £20million deal after his training ground bust-up with team-mate Ruud van Nistelrooy.

A host of Europe's top clubs, led by Real Madrid, Juventus and Valencia, have been alerted by Ronaldo's latest spat.

Juventus and Valencia have already made contact with Ronaldo's advisers about a potential move, believing that the youngster's unique style and flair is more suited to the leagues of Italy and Spain.

Ronaldo has endured a miserable time on and off the pitch this season and his United team-mates have grown frustrated with his self-indulgence on the ball during matches.

That frustration boiled over in the training ground clash with van Nistelrooy, which could be the catalyst for a summer departure from Old Trafford.

And Ronaldo's sending-off in United's 3-1 derby defeat to Manchester City infuriated his team-mates as United were 2-0 down at the time - and he will miss tonight's FA Cup replay with Burton

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=16596864%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=ronaldo%2don%2dhis%2dway%2dout-name_page.html

Jasus the slags i got for suggesting they could get 25mill, not far off 20mill. Most people reckon he's not worth 10mill but like the artcle says he suits the spanish or Italian style better (particualry the Italian i.e diving and glory hunting). I hope its true not only cause he's a liability but because it shows Ferguson hasn't lost the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Ronaldo and Ruud had a words in training last week. The story appeared in the sanctuary on The Red Issue site and someone form there posted it on the general forum and the Mirror and others published the story with their usual exagerations. Nice Journalism .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Lemlin wrote:
    In all fairness, I don't think United supporters need Cantona to tell them that, they can see it themselves.
    cantona is god at old trafford and iam sure the fans welcome his views and comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Gegerty wrote:
    As for CL, well Barca and Real have been knocked out in the first round in recent years, I don't remember there being any talk of them going down the toilet.
    But how long did their respective managers last after their exit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Didnt Cantona say united have "lost their soul" a few months ago?

p.pete wrote:
    Helllooo!!??!! Gary Neville??!!??

[what's the odds on him seeing red at the weekend by the way?]

Much as I like him, he is not a real captain in the Keane/Bruce/Robbo mode. He has got the job on seniority IMO.

• Advertisement

Gegerty wrote:
    I agree we need some new players, Ferguson is working on it. If he buys in more donkeys then there's no doubt the Glazers will replace him. But 2nd to Chelsea is hardly a downward spiral and the stats prove that this is one of our best premier league seasons in a long time. As for CL, well Barca and Real have been knocked out in the first round in recent years, I don't remember there being any talk of them going down the toilet.

The season isnt' over yet. We have faded away badly over the last three seasons with the players and management not even looking like they could be arsed. That IMO is one of the things Cantona is speaking about. There is no fight left in United (except for a couple of games a season). Watching United for the last couple of seasons has been a dispiriting experience, crap defensive football played against the wishes of both fans and players, a management that doesn't seem to care and prefers to call fans stupid and tell them to go and support Chelsea rather than face up to the fact. The Glazer takeover with the huge debt it has put on the club, wenior players who couldn't be arsed about anything except looking for screwing even bigger wage demands. I could go on but I'll stop there.
    And as for stats, the last manager I can think of using stats to justify his position was Houllier "we have had more shots on goal etc etc". But the parallels are there. Remeber when we wanted Houllier to stay at Liverpool because he was bringing them down? Well now the boot is on the other foot, other clubs fans want us to keep Ferguson and Querioz :mad:

Advertisement