Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from NUI Maynooth boards

Options
  • 18-01-2006 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place, but i just got time thought i get clearence.
    Recently the maynooth message board college society got closed and a few people migrated to boards.ie, new mods were assigned.

I got banned for saying "Mith slept with shaka"
    a joke but allegedly Mith and Shaka were siblings from the message board that got closed down, they dont exist on boards.ie, dont exist on the maynooth board anymore either. The mod states that it was an insult at 2 respectable members of the recent message board.
    Bit of a grey area, Its like saying Jack slept with Jane, im sure theyre siblings on some message board, somewhere in the world.

A warning maybe ? but a ban ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'd like to see a link to the thread in question,
    I also would not see that comment as a joke, but would like to see the context.
    personal abuse is personal abuse,
    why not just take the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

How long was the ban for? What other reasons would the mod have for banning you, would you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Is it a permanent ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

This pm conversation sums it up.
    Basically, just because two people dont use these boards, and the fact that he used their online screen names does not negate his responsibility not to insult people.
    I recieved 3 complaints about that particular post.
    The people he referenced are relatively well known among posters on the board, it seems.
    He was previously warned not to troll.
    He is a consistent troll. 1 2 3Yes, the trolling wasnt terribly bad, but about 2/3 of his posts are in some way trolling.
    Placebo wrote:
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Placebo wrote:
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Banned for two weeks for the comment about mith and sha-ka.
    That was a little nasty.
    You were previously asked not to troll the forum.
    Please don't do so again, as the next ban will be permanent.
    thanks,
    FuzzyLogic.

okay so mith and shaka are two fictional names ? they do not exist [not on mikado either anymore] so you banned me because of what? this is boards.ie not mikadosoc.ie, kapeesh?
    lift the ban or il take it higher.

I am not one to answer to threats like that. You will sit out your ban, its only for 2 weeks. You have every right to escalate what you believe to be a bad moderating descision. Fire away. However I do not think you will find much sympathy with the admin.

Your posts are largely trolling.
    You posted an untrue remark about 2 well known maynooth persons(who happen to be siblings). You know what you did, saying that they are fictional will not help you.

thanks,
    Peter

you must be retarded, 2 well known maynooth persons ? is he called mith in person ? dillusional

Like I said, he has every right to post here.
    But in actual fact, its only a 2 week ban from a forum. About a week is up allready.
    Like I said in pm, just sit it out.
    I was tempted to bump it up because he reffered to me being "retarded" twice on these boards, but I decided against it.
    Placebo wrote:
    but allegedly Mith and Shaka were siblings
    A random comment about two completely random people then?
    I dont think so.

Also, (now I know this is not 100% relevant here)
    But he was a previously banned user(about 10 times actually) on the other forums.
    I know his actions there have no bearing here, but perhaps you will see that he is no "innocent poster" who got temp-banned for making a joke, but rather a consistent troll.

I dunno Fuzzy, I think he's serious. One PM to DeVore and you're finished!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I hear fuzzy is one of those furriners, I demand he is stripped of rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Wait I'm confused ...

Placebo if you posted the joke not knowing that certain people actually used the names where did the names Mith and Shaka come from? It doesn't seem like names one would make up on the fly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hahah taking it higher i meant, reporting the decision.
    See here where you go wrong "previously banned 10 times" not only is that in correct but its ir-relevant, i dont think youre in the right frame of mind to be a mod here with the "past" and everything, bottom like mith and shaka dont even exist, unless theyre real names were used, i dont mind the ban, im just enquiring further for future refrence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'll take it higher if you want, off up the mountains for... a walk, yes, off up the mountains for a walk, that should do it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    But in actual fact, its only a 2 week ban from a forum. About a week is up allready.
    Like I said in pm, just sit it out.

Well I mean he shouldn't be banned or he should be banned.

Saying he shouldn't have been banned but it is only 2 weeks so don't make a fuss is not very fair.

Though I am still not following this at all (see above post), so I have no opinion as yet on if he should or should not have been banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

only a two week ban.....with pm's like that i'd be increasing it

well i admit to trolling, i just dont think the correct 'incident' was choosen to ban me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*I'll ftr

heh, make it a month for being silly, rude, threatening, *insert more appropriate word/phrase here* in PM.

Sympathy -- for that comment.

<edit> choice of words changed</edit>

kaimera wrote:
    *I'll ftr

heh, make it a month for being a dick in PM. Sympathy -- for that comment.

I think you're a *insert more appropriate word/phrase here* :)

<edit> choice of words changed</edit>

So you're point is that you're a troll, and you don't think you were banned soon enough, or for long enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Placebo wrote:
    well i admit to trolling, i just dont think the correct 'incident' was choosen to ban me.

So pick something from your illustrious history and pretend that's what you're banned for :rolleyes:

As I read it,
    You were previously asked not to troll the forum.

indicates you were banned for repeated trolling, the incident in question being the push over the cliff, as it were.

Zillah wrote:
    So you're point is that you're a troll, and you don't think you were banned soon enough, or for long enough?

no, i kept it clean so i didnt expect to be banned.
    Its fine anyway, i wont comment on siblings sleeping together in the future.
    sorry for the hassel fuzzy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

That's clever.... abusing mods on the feedback board. If anyone called me a dick/retarded in a post of PM they'd be banned on my boards.

However, Kaimera not good that you're calling him a dick either.

John

Placebo wrote:
    I think you're a [snip] :)

Nice use of teh :) :rolleyes:

btw that constitutes 'personal abuse'. Mine was valid in RE: to the PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

kaimera wrote:

Meh.... fair play I guess. I was giving a balanced view ;)

John

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote:

Pot kettle black, your comments did not help. Being a dick/ Being a rude ? could have choosen your words differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

For the retarded comment make it a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Lump wrote:
    That's clever.... abusing mods on the feedback board. If anyone called me a dick/retarded in a post of PM they'd be banned on my boards.

However, Kaimera not good that you're calling him a dick either.

John
    Thats because you're a really good mod Lump. Really good!

Placebo wrote:
    Pot kettle black, youre comments did not help. Being a dick/ Being a rude ? could have choosen your words differently.

And you could have chosen to be less threatening in your PMs.
    You're comments did not help

^^^^ familiar? :)

Pedantic much ? i guess they came across threatning, i already apologised to fuzzy, nothing more i can/will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Maybe there was a very good reason to close down the Maynooth forums...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So he got banned;
    1-45.JPG

decided to take it higher;
    s_hills_white_tn.jpg

Furrious mod comes in and sorts things out;
    hitler.gif

and now they shall live happy ever after?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Sounds like the CS forum of the college world

Placebo wrote:
    Pedantic much ? i guess they came across threatning, i already apologised to fuzzy, nothing more i can/will do.

And I edited my post, I apologise [in public no less] for the original comment. I was quick off the mark and I was wrong.

The world will not end because a mod was wrong :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote:
    And I edited my post, I apologise [in public no less] for the original comment. I was quick off the mark and I was wrong.

The world will not end because a mod was wrong :rolleyes:

I apologise for my rude follow up. [Post also edited]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement