Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from NUI Maynooth boards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

imho, the mod was completely right.

As for all this digging, I'd throw in a perma ban from the forum and a sitewide warning.

Lucky its not up to me then, eh?
    Consider yourself lucky, take your remaining 1 week ban and be glad thats all it is. That and hope this thread doesnt get bumped anymore and dies a quick death, as any remotely angry Admin might decide to just site ban you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

well im such a nice guy.
    feel free to buy me pints at any boards beers event.
    Or paypal is fine either.
    <snip>

Actually, I'm going to bump this ban to a month (partially taking hobbes advice) because he also reffered to me as a "retard" on other forums.
    He's called me a retard 3 times now. thats enough.
    I don't care that it was posted on unattached forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

So you are not allowed insult anyone even people that aren't members around here? So if someone says something about bertie ahern and someone else says "berties an eejit" he can get banned :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

So you are not allowed insult anyone even people that aren't members around here? So if someone says something about bertie ahern and someone else says "berties an eejit" he can get banned :eek:

Thats it. Banned for a week. Learn to love your leader and you can come back. :D

I think users should pay a bit less attention to strict rules and use a bit more common sense. If you say Bertie is an eejit there wont be a problem, but just show a bit more caution when referring to actual people who may use/browse boards.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Thats it. Banned for a week. Learn to love your leader and you can come back. :D

I think users should pay a bit less attention to strict rules and use a bit more common sense. If you say Bertie is an eejit there wont be a problem, but just show a bit more caution when referring to actual people who may use/browse boards.

I doesn't really bother me that someone got banned for insulting someone, but for insulting someone who doesn't use boards.ie is a bit stupid imo. This place is going to the dogs big time :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Placebo wrote:
    well i admit to trolling
    Placebo wrote:
    no, i kept it clean so i didnt expect to be banned
    :rolleyes:
    I doesn't really bother me that someone got banned for insulting someone, but for insulting someone who doesn't use boards.ie
    Are you sure of that? Not everyone uses the same name in all forums...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

God I can't follow this thread at all ...

Did Placebo insult members of Boards.ie or not?

If he did a banning is fine.

If he didn't, I agree with Fighting Irish, the banning was a pointless Mod doing a King Kong and banging his chest for the hell of it.

I still don't quite follow how Placebo could pick the names though if they weren't Boards.ie users. Mith and Shaka arent exactly common names.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Wicknight wrote:
    God I can't follow this thread at all ...

Did Placebo insult members of Boards.ie or not?

If he did a banning is fine.

If he didn't, I agree with Fighting Irish, the banning was a pointless Mod doing a King Kong and banging his chest for the hell of it.
    I still don't quite follow how Placebo could pick the names though if they weren't Boards.ie users. Mith and Shaka arent exactly common names.
    Simply because that is your opinion doesnt make it correct.
    The fact that you failed to follow a relatively simple thread probably diminishes your opinion somewhat.

He was banned for repeated trolling, and bumped for reffering to me as a retard. This being the last straw or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

The story so far: Tard develops consistent trolling behaviour. Message board for NUI shuts down. Tard refers to siblings from said message board as fúckbuddies for no other reason than just to be a shít on another forum. He was already on his last chance and given a two week ban. Tard insults mod via pm. Tard calls mod a tard. Tard FIGEHTS TEH POWWAH on feedback. Tard sentence increased to a month on the behest of other mods.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Regi wrote:
    Maybe there was a very good reason to close down the Maynooth forums...

It would seem there was

perhaps we should close it down here too,
    it would save us having to read threads like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Beruthiel wrote:
    It would seem there was

perhaps we should close it down here too,
    it would save us having to read threads like this.
    Yes, let's do that.

Perfect solution to an unrelated problem

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    The fact that you failed to follow a relatively simple thread probably diminishes your opinion somewhat.
    Well if a mod was just banning people for making insulting jokes about people who share the same name as friends of his but had no connection to Boards.ie, Boards.ie wouldn't last very long. I don't think that is solely my opinion.

But don't worry no one takes my opinion serious around these parts :p
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    He was banned for repeated trolling

So he wasn't banned for insulting anyone at all.

The issue of if the persons in question were or were not members of boards is a mute point since the Placebo insulting them is not the reason he was banned.

Well why didn't you say so, I clearly am not the only person under than impress so no need to get snotty at me.

Tchocky wrote:
    Perfect solution to an unrelated problem

Sure close down Boards.ie! ...in the grand scheme of human endeavor it ain't exactly the moon landings is it ... we can all go outside, get some freash air, mix with the opposite sex, get social lifes, take up hobbies, become healthy, see the world ...

... on second thought that is too much work ... sigh ... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Shabadu wrote:
    The story so far: Tard develops consistent trolling behaviour. Message board for NUI shuts down. Tard refers to siblings from said message board as fúckbuddies for no other reason than just to be a shít on another forum. He was already on his last chance and given a two week ban. Tard insults mod via pm. Tard calls mod a tard. Tard FIGEHTS TEH POWWAH on feedback. Tard sentence increased to a month on the behest of other mods.

Tard ?
    nice mod. I dont recall the "sentence" increased to a month, not that it would matter really, since i posted to get clearence, i didnt sign up here last year like yourself, ive been here far longer than you have, i've never trolled on boards.ie so no need for your "POWWWAH of a SUMMAAAARAY .

Placebo wrote:
    Tard ?
    nice mod. I dont recall the "sentence" increased to a month, not that it would matter really, since i posted to get clearence, i didnt sign up here last year like yourself, ive been here far longer than you have, i've never trolled on boards.ie so no need for your "POWWWAH of a SUMMAAAARAY .

Yup, fuzzy upped it to a month --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50722461&postcount=33

I wouldn't moan about me calling you a tard when you've called fuzzy one 4 times. Zomg, your so much 1337er than me because you signed up earlier. Almost as 1337 as your maths skillz.

Shabadu wrote:

So should you not be banned for calling a boards member a tard :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

month it is, i called him a retard once-i think on boards.ie. thats all.
    But maybe make the ban permanent since i called you retard in person to my friends :/
    enjoy the power trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

:rolleyes:
    What a bunch of tards.

Placebo wrote:
    month it is, i called him a retard once-i think on boards.ie. thats all.
    But maybe make the ban permanent since i called you retard in person to my friends :/
    enjoy the power trip
    Powertrip implies that I have some sort of power. Not the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement