Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission - South Tipp Co. Council

Options
  • 18-01-2006 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Just had our pre-planning meeting and it doesn't look good. We have not been in the area for long enough (3 years instead of the 10 required). We knew this already but the estate agent handling the site said that he knew of other people getting p.p. who have only been in the area for 2 to 3 years.
    Obviously, we thought that he was just saying that to make a sale but this doesn't make sense as the sale would be subject to p.p.

Anyway, we are considering going ahead with it. Would it be much cheaper to go for outline rather than full p.p. or would we be better off going for full p.p. and show how nice our new house would be!

Anyone got p.p. in the area (rural) with less than the required 10 years?

I presume if p.p. gets rejected there would be no point appealing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

The site is more valuable with full planning permission! Outline is the exact same as full but in outline you don't submit any plans! For the sake of a few extra euros apply for full! Try and support the application with as much info as you can eg. your connections to the area, family living there? jobs (full time, part time?) Letters off your employers saying that can not forsee any reasons etc. that you will not be kept on for the future, kids going to school in the area etc. etc. you get the jist from that there anyhow!

Try it and see what happens. iv never hears of having to live in an area for 10 years in order to get planning permisson but then again I deal with galway county council myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Probably will try for full p.p.

All we need now is a good architect.

Thanks.

Advertisement