Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Phantom Text Messages - Nokia 6680/Vodafone

• 18-01-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Weird one this ... I've recently got 2 "text messages"

They show up in my Text Messages folder with a ? icon instead of the usual envelope When I try to open them / or press options the phone just skips back to the main menu - it's impossible to access the "message" content

Using the C key short cut to try to delete them has the same effect. There is no "Delete All Messages" option on the 6680 so I can't get rid of them that way either.

The annoying thing then is that there is always a "2 New Text messages" icon on the screensaver / interface - as I can't open/delete the "messages" - I can never get rid of this.

The numbers that the messages come from are

I may have picked them up in the UK if that makes any difference

How can I remove them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

I had this happen my 6680 also with a message that couldn't be opened.Eventually I had to get the software upgraded and that seemed to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

This normally happens while roaming with bluetooth on and you should try this code.

Press *#7370# on your keypad but be warned it will factory reset your phone so take out your memory card and save all your numbers first and any other data that you may need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Really common problem with 6680s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

Pythia wrote:
    Really common problem with 6680s.

It's got nothing to do with Bluetooth, it's more likely that someone sent you an MMS and your were unable to download it (as you were roaming).

Sadly, the only thing to do is the factory reset and to prevent it happening change the mms roaming settings.

Backing up your phone settings will backup this "phantom" message. So copy manually all the things you want to keep to your memory card and do the factory reset. It's happened to me and no matter what I tried I couldn't keep my messages.

SG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Could you not delete them from a file explorer(Eg: FxEplorer)?I know on some newer versions that you can access you inbox through the file explorer and them just delete them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

happened me and i got it flashed in mprc and that sorted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

When it happened to mine, my friend tried to fix it for me. Factory reset or something. Anyway whatever he did, the phone said "Startup failed, contact retailer".
    Sent into Dawson Street. They had to send it to Clear Solutions, I think, who replaced the logic board. Seems very drastic, but cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I've had the same problem, it is caused by receiving an MMS while roaming. Mine was from getting GAA updates.
    Hard reset as stated above was how I fixed it.

To stop it happening again go to
    Messaging > Options > Settings > Multimedia message > Reception if roaming, set this to automatic.
    That should stop it happening in the future

Advertisement