Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Highbury Help

• 18-01-2006 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭

Going to a game in April at Highbury but it's been a while since I've been over.
    Flying into Heathrow, game finishes at 5pm, what time flight back should I get back including tube, check in and all that?
    There's flights back at 7.10, 8.10 and 9.10pm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

9.10pm, I've never gotten the tube back to Heathrow from Highbury but unless the 9.10 flights are too expensive there's no harm in booking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What's the minimum number of tubes to get Heathrow to Highbury
    and back again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Picadilly line to Cockfosters and then Victoria to Highbury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Are they not both on the Piccadilly line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

okidoki987 wrote:
    What's the minimum number of tubes to get Heathrow to Highbury
    and back again?

Okay I've done this before and you're taking nearly 30 stops on the tube from Heathrow. It takes a hell of a long time even though Heathrow and Arsenal are on the same tube line. I can't remember how long but it's anything up to 2 hours. I much prefer flying into Stansted when visiting Highbury, it's 30 minutes by train to Tottenham Hale and just 2 tube stops from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

damienom wrote:
    Picadilly line to Cockfosters and then Victoria to Highbury

where did you come up with that one? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The Heathrow Express from Paddington is handy, only 15 mins, although expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

its about 1hour 20 mins from highbury to heathrow on the picadilly line( I get this all the time) , you'll probably need at least 30 mins from the end of the game to get on a tube, go for the 9.10 flight to be safe I'd say.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Piccadilly line from Arsenal to Kings Cross, Hammersmith & City line to Paddington and then as SofaKing said, train to Heathrow. Should take about 45/50 mins altogether.

... according to the TFL, anyway. (www.tfl.gov.uk - your only man for London transport). Personally, I think you're mad for flying into Heathrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Piccadilly line from Arsenal to Kings Cross, Hammersmith & City line to Paddington and then as SofaKing said, train to Heathrow. Should take about 45/50 mins altogether.

... according to the TFL, anyway. (www.tfl.gov.uk - your only man for London transport). Personally, I think you're mad for flying into Heathrow.

Cheapest option is to get a zone 1-6 travelcard when he arrives in LHR, get the tube direct from Terminal 1 to Gillespie Road, then back again after the game.

I got from White Hart Lane to the bar just down from the 80-90 gates @ LHR on New Year's Eve in 2 hours 10 minutes. Thats including a 25 minute walk to Tottenham Hale, Victoria Line to Finsbury Park, then a change to the Piccadilly Line for straight to LHR. Self-check in and a brief queue through security.

To the OP, go for 9.10 to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement

Only reason I was flying into Heathrow was the flights are cheap with Aer Fungus in their sale 112 return for 2 including taxes.
    Which airport would you suggest then for the least hassle and least amount of changes getting to/from the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

okidoki987 wrote:
    Which airport would you suggest then for the least hassle and least amount of changes getting to/from the ground?

Stansted.

Stansted Express every 1/2 hour (sometimes every 1/4 hour) from Tottenham Hale which is only two stops from Highbury by tube. Ryanair's last flight is after 10pm as well, gives you loads of drinking time. Train is around £14 return and takes 1/2 hour from Stansted to Hale.

Ryanair booked in advance will cost no more than €55 per person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I live between Dublin and London for work so personally I'd use cityjet through london city. But if the heathrow option is your one, the Picadilly line goes from Heathrown to Arsenal but does take well over the hour mark.

I'd go the Heathrow express to paddington (15mins). As siad this can is expensive £25 but you can buy your ticket for this for cheaper in Dublin Airport. Hammersmith or Circle line to Kings cross then Picadilly up to Arsenal out of the tube station hang a left and walk 2 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Go and watch Chelsea instead.

Heathrow to Earls Court

much quicker and better football :D

Ouh nice. Being a blues fan that brought a smiles. If you don't want to walk from Earls Court (a nice walk) two stops to Fulham Broadway!!!!

p.s. forgot to mention, much nicer stadium!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Another vote for Stansted here too.

It's nice and relaxed (although £25) on the Stansted express to Tottenham Hale and then a short tube to Finsbury Park (Arsena Shop & 7 Sisters Road).

Enjoy the match and come on you Gunners :cool:

Go and watch Chelsea instead.

I would if I wasn't an ARSENAL supporter! ;)
    Bit easier to get Arsenal tickets as well (unless we start a big run soon :o )

Do Ryanair still do the discounted/cheap Stanstead express tickets?

Yes but only in Dublin Airport in Stanstead it will be full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I used Gatwick and Stansted and both are pretty easy to get to.

Advertisement