Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon Cupra R

Options
  • 18-01-2006 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Currently driving a bog standard 1.4 leon, really really want a cupra r, anyone know of one for sale? Got my insurance quote and it aint so bad. These cars are so rare in Ireland!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

noellyk wrote:
    Got my insurance quote and it aint so bad.

On the lookout for one also.....Thinking of going to Engerland to get one. What was your quote? I'm 27 with 8 years NCB and the cheapest I got was with Quinn..... for €1900 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You are probably better off sourcing one up North or in the UK where there are plenty to choose from.

The closest I could find are these:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=288332
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=336927

I know they are diesel but they are very quick and still return good mgp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 noellyk

Im 26 and i got a quote of 1750 with FBD (fully comp, ncb=5yrs), importing from England is fine but by the time you have paid VRT (and the hassle of orgainizing it) its much the same price as it is here.

Have spotted that their price is really falling off in England at the moment though, looking at £12500 approx for a 04, what are the chances of prices dropping overhere? We're getting ripped off boys, big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

theres a silver 02 in limerick for 14odd k been on carzone for months now, its the bog std leon cupra but a remap will yield the 225 bhp and you could fit the bodykit

it s only done 22000 miles, reckon ud get it for 13000

Yip, have seen that car, check carzone regularly, good value (rocket ship no doubt), dont like the idea of remaps, prefer to keep the car original, bodykit? looking at around 4k with alloys (have looked into it) I have come to the conclusion that its better to get the real deal, willing to play the waiting game for another while anyway, in the hope that prices will tumble.

• Advertisement

fair enough, i wouldnt overlook the remap tho, its just software tweaking engine is well able for it, tbh 180-200bhp is prolly enough anyway

4k for bodykit and alloys :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've looked at it a little myself and there never seems to be any of the R model up for sale here, I don't know if any were even sold here. As already said I think importing will be your best bet. Even if some do come up for sale here, you're going to have a limited choice which means both that it'll be more expensive, and if it's not in great condition you can't pass on it and go look at another one. On the other hand in england you'd get a wide choice through their autotrader.co.uk, or looking at the listings on enthusiast sites like SeatEnthusiast or SeatCupra.net (these would have the advantage that you could check through members previous posts and see how they treat their cars and what kind of things they've done with them or what problems they may have had). It should be easy enough to arrange an AA check with them.
    Cyrus wrote:
    fair enough, i wouldnt overlook the remap tho, its just software tweaking engine is well able for it, tbh 180-200bhp is prolly enough anyway
    While the engine itself may be the same, the R has some differences to help handle the extra power, iirc it has an extra intercooler (or maybe uprated ones), stronger clutch and uprated brakes. I think it also has a higher specced interior.

std r interior (well seats anyway) ming, need to get leather for a decent look

there was actually one in louth just before chrimbo a cupra with leather and an r bodykit 32000 miles 14k! i just missed it, got a golf gti 1.8t with the leather instead :D

I've seen about 5 maybe for sale, all new ish at the time so couldn't afford them, i see carzone have a 05 up on their site €39,500, 7,000km, come on lads thats the brand new list price!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Ah they've changed the price.........It was €3950 earlier on!! Could you imagine.................

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Cyrus wrote:
    there was actually one in louth just before chrimbo a cupra with leather and an r bodykit 32000 miles 14k! i just missed it, got a golf gti 1.8t with the leather instead :D
    That would have been a nice buy, still sounds like the golf was more than consolation for missing it, these things always happen for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Cyrus wrote:
    std r interior (well seats anyway) ming, need to get leather for a decent look

The standard seats in a cupra R -

59507-4t.jpg

yep dont like them at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=SEAT&model=LEON&variant=Cupra+R&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=ab10+1aq&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Take the first one there in the list for an example.

Cost £9,250 (€14,015)

VRT €5,218

Expenses (RAC Check, Planes, trains and...boat) €500

Total Cost to you....€19,733

The bones of 20 grand. Even though they have got rave reviews and are meant to be a fine car, I think you'd be a very brave man to go for it. That's an awful lot of money for a car that you'll find very hard to sell in a few years time.

BnA wrote:
    http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=SEAT&model=LEON&variant=Cupra+R&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=ab10+1aq&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Take the first one there in the list for an example.

Cost £9,250 (€14,015)

VRT €5,218

Expenses (RAC Check, Planes, trains and...boat) €500

Total Cost to you....€19,733

The bones of 20 grand. Even though they have got rave reviews and are meant to be a fine car, I think you'd be a very brave man to go for it. That's an awful lot of money for a car that you'll find very hard to sell in a few years time.
    Yes thats the problem with them, while I believe they are a decent car, I think the badge will hurt the 2nd and 3rd hand prices.

Do you think they'll drop money in Ireland? Doesn't look like it any of the dealers are still looking for big money.

as will the new model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 big_al

Noelly, I've got a 03 1.8T 180 that I'll be selling soon. It's Shadow grey met, 45K, full leather, factory alarm & immob, 17" Seat alloys, climate, new dunlops. No aftermarket mods and full seat service history. I will be posting on FS Motors early Feb (for maybe €16,750) but let me know if you're interested.

Has she got the cupra bodykit?

No bodykit Noelly :-(

Sorry Noelly, that should have read "No Cupra bodykit"! She has the 20VT bodykit

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote:
    yep dont like them at all

now your being silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

stevenmu wrote:
    I've looked at it a little myself and there never seems to be any of the R model up for sale here, I don't know if any were even sold here

Cupra R's are very rare over here. I've only seen two since March'05 and one was a Spanish model. The cupra T's (180hp) are more popular but still rare. The Diesel models are relatively easy to come across, some of you may think 'ack Diesel' but dont diss it till you try it. I easily walked away from a 2ltr Alfa 156 a few days ago in my Tdi leon which was quite enjoyable :D

Cheers al, i'll have a look then

now your being silly.

ever sat in them? horrible seats, however most come with leather

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Im currently selling (sadly) my 04 Leon Cupra TDI, black, 185bhp with the full
    cupra R body kit (original). Its on carzone.ie for 22K (ono). 21K miles with FSSH and seat warranty til aug06. The used cupra R is very hard to come by in ireland and the prices are usually very high as you can see from the one
    just up on carzone. Have a look at my motor on carzone and you might
    be suprised.

ah just noticed that BAZZ26 has a link for my car on the previous page, its
    the second one with 4 pics.

any interest noellyk???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Very nice Omega, very similar to my car, except you have 40 odd more horses ;) If I had the cash I'd buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

friend of mine has been driving one of these for a while... nice little car..

Personally, i find the seats too small, the fact they are electric is fancy n all but takes ****in ages to change!!

I don't like the dashboard either, bit ugly and boring...

All in all, exterior nice, interior bad.

• Advertisement

I like the dash, quite simple and to the point, no clutter etc. The seats hug me and im 6' 5''

Advertisement