Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brokeback Mountain

Options
  • 18-01-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know whether brokeback mountain will be released in Cork at all? I've been hearing rumours that it won't be distributed here, but can't find out anything concrete.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

*looks at calendar* 2006 you say?

*looks again to make sure it's not actually 1950*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Weird, thought I replied to this. There was a poster for it in Cinema World Douglas but nothing on the upcoming releases bit on their programme.

They'll probably show it when it wins Oscars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ive heard rumour it should be about from teh 27th of jan. damn limited release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Commercial suicide! It's one of the most talked about films atm and will be up for a good few Oscars, probably!

But is the delay in its arrival here yet another sign of the deterioration in Cork cinema quality? Me thinks so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Saw mention of it being on in the Gate from Jan 20th in another forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i heard that it was being realeased in dublin firstand then if it did good up there they would show it down here. not sure how true that is though....sounds a bit irish to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

It went on limited realease on the 6th of jan. According to the guy who presents "the review" on rte it will be on general release on the 27th. I assume that means it will be in cork then. But when i assume i make an.....u know the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭iceman_2001_ie

I have a similar query regarding "Underworld Evolution".
    I went looking for it this weekend, but it wasn't in The Gate or Mahon Point.

Any ideas anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw it Friday night in Blackpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Damnit, I missed the listing for it being in Blackpool. I got confirmation from the Gate that they're getting the reel in next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

brokeback mountain is in the gate but not in mahon (due to a dispute w/ distributor)

it's an amazing film by the by, sold out really fast too

Advertisement