Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Real "Raw vs Smackdown"

• 18-01-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

im posting this as a matter of interest..... just want to know what brand people prefer, simple answer RAW wins for me!, better superstars (although Kurt Angle is a hugh loss), better matches more entertaining.... i just dont think smackdown is as good as raw....... WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Whats the Better Brand? 23 votes

Raw
    0% 0 votes
    Smackdown
    78% 18 votes
    I Like Both Shown Equally
    21% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Raw is better because it's live and you never know what to expect. Austin, Rock, Foley etc can turn up and surprise everyone.

Smackdown is just too lame right now. It has no good heels. Since Angle is being turned babyface who is the top heel? Randy Orton. Uh-oh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

RAW has been much the better for a long long time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Its no secret that vince way prefers raw and the live concept, therefore it will always be tough for smackdown to come through as being the better show. When you look at all the hot talent raw took form smackdown when their popularity was peeking, i.e. cena and carlito. Smackdown in return gets wrestlers that the creative team dont have anything for, e.g. matt hardy, when they bring him amidst all the hype and controversy they place him on raw. When that all died down and they didnt have much for him they shipped him smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i like both shows

i like smackdown cause it has probably one of the better wrestlers on there, in the form of rey mysterio, :D alright, theres no great storylines for smackdown, but truth be know, if raw was interested in taking the great stars of smackdown, wouldnt they have taken eddie (rip) from smackdown.... also if they are interested in taking good superstars from smackdown, why did they take chavo???? also i just want to see how crap the storylines get before some one actually fires thier asses.

i like raw cause well it has damn good wrestlers, but like smackdown it's not exactly rolling in great storylines, although maybe now that it gets a new g.m it may improve, and yeah it's great that it's live...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What? Chavo's a great wrestler, always has been

Personally, I've always liked SD more. Overall, since the brand split, I think SD's been better. It's had most of my favourite angles and wrestlers, so I seem to take a bigger interest in it sometimes

At the moment, Raw's still got the bigger storylines, but SD's got the better wrestlers I think, and the future is looking much better for them

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:

Personally, I've always liked SD more. Overall, since the brand split, I think SD's been better. It's had most of my favourite angles and wrestlers, so I seem to take a bigger interest in it sometimes

At the moment, Raw's still got the bigger storylines, but SD's got the better wrestlers I think, and the future is looking much better for them

i agree with that one.

and on chavo :o he is a good wrestler..... but i dont know :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Fozzy wrote:

on the money for me, RAW is all about bloody talking, i remember watching raw once and there was 1 match for the whole night. crazy ****, raw has the glamour but the better wrestlers are on SD esp with Kurt moving, all RAW can offer is HBK HHH thats pretty much it for lads on the top of their game, edge shelton etc are at different stages of getting there, but they're no eddie gurrero, rey mysterio, kurt angle etc. even the young blood on SD seems more interesting, lashley birchall Orton

on the money for me, RAW is all about bloody talking, i remember watching raw once and there was 1 match for the whole night. crazy ****, raw has the glamour but the better wrestlers are on SD esp with Kurt moving, all RAW can offer is HBK HHH thats pretty much it for lads on the top of their game, edge shelton etc are at different stages of getting there, but they're no eddie gurrero, rey mysterio, kurt angle etc. even the young blood on SD seems more interesting, lashley birchall Orton

i would agree, nearly every week, i can see ether triple h talking, triple h attacking some one from behind or triple h um using the slegde hammer during a match:rolleyes: now dont get me wrong, when triple h does wrestle he is that damn good, but wish he would wrestle more and less of the talking, least theres some action on smackdown and less talk..... alright, last week there was only two matches, but damn they were good, compared to raw where we gota live sex show :mad: as the main event????? and a couple of meh matches.... but hey each person to thier own....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

To be fair, HHH was gone for 5 months, I think, over the summer. They got on ok without him, but it's better with him on it. As long as he doesn't take up too much time, which I don't really think he's been doing recently

The thing I'm really looking forward to on SD at the moment are some feuds between Angle, Benoit, Regal and Finlay. Regal and Benoit have had two brilliant matches on Velocity last year, and if Finlay's still got it in him, he can provide more of the same. Burchill had an excellent match on Velocity last week, he's starting to use the high risk moves that he used before WWE

One thing that would be a real smart idea would be to bring back Matt Hardy Version 1. There's no reason why they shouldn't start that angle again, he's still getting huge pops every week, and when they originally had him doing that character on SD it was one of the highlights every week. They could have the juniors be his MFers or something, put them to some use. One of the most over characters in recent years and it's going to waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I like both but Raw will always be the flagship show of WWE.
    And both shows have a pretty equal share of the star power, but make no mistake that any of the wrestlers would prefer to be performing at the highest level on Raw (Unless they want to stay away from people on the show, like Matt whose probably happier on SM at the moment)
    Anytime any of the big former names return for whatever reason, like Hogan, Austin, Rock or Foley, they nearly always show up on Raw (Piper being an exception at the moment of course).

• Advertisement

just wantto distance myself from sunbabes comments, HHH is THE best heel in wrestling, and a great showman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I agree when people say Raw is the bigger show, but that doesn't mean it's the better show. Since JBL won the title on smackdown it became a much more fun and entertaining show to watch. Fine, smackdown was made to look weak when Angle was moved from Raw to win the title, but fact of the matter is, Smackdown has lost two of it's most talented, charasmatic, and over workers in the past few months in Eddie and Batista. Smackdown also lost a couple of up and coming possible main eventers in the likes of Christian and Muhammed Hassan. Even the past couple of weeks they've lost Heidenrich and Juventud, while not hugely important to the show it shows that they have been depleted of familiar faces.

Also it wasn't too long ago when Raw needed a Smackdown superstar to help them out when Stone Cold decided he was unable to face Coach at a ppv not too long ago.

Raw has the bigger stars, and has had the better luck in keeping them healthy (which is amazing considering all the punishment Ric Flair seems to take). But the show feels less fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

You didn't have a "They both leave me feeling disappointed and unfullfilled each week" option. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Bodan

Raw has been tops for awhile , but since the switch back to the usa network , they have started some really stupid .. time wasting gimmicks. J.R's operation , it was funny the first 5 minutes but then it got old real quick , The live sex act was pretty low and this shelton benjamin's mother thing just suck's . I want some good quality wrestling and more of it , not time fillers . I watched smackdown for the first time in ages last weekend and really enjoyed it . :o

just wantto distance myself from sunbabes comments, HHH is THE best heel in wrestling, and a great showman.

OH MY GOD:rolleyes: i have nothing against triple h, he's the best damn wrestler in the wwe at the moment..... and yeah he's a bloody good heel, just want to see him wrestle more, the last time the man was in a match was against big show.... and probably the nxt one will be at the rumble, i remember the days when he was wrestling every week....

perk of the marriage, i mean job

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

i posted this as a general observation for myself, but it looks like people have proved what i thought...... fair enough, you'll see more actual wrestling on smackdown, but raw is still a better program.... i agree that sometimes there is too much talking and not enough wrestling but people still prefer raw to smackdown................. Thanks for voting ! ! ! and for those who left comments, thanks again, some very interesting opinions, i'll have a new poll on monday..... The Currrent one will be disabled on saturday

Thanks for the input!!!

Advertisement