Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomeBrewing Store in Limerick city?

Options
  • 18-01-2006 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Is there a homebrewing (for beer, wine etc.) in Limerick city. If so where? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I think I used to buy my bits and pieces in Newsoms .... but it's a bit late to go there ... :(

Try this archive link .... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-2054854481.html

On-line up in Killaloe looks interesting ....... http://www.thehomebrewcentre.com/

40 pints for a tenner!!! ... it's not bad is it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

What about Coopers on the Dock Road, is that what youre looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

There used to be a wonderful homebrew store in Catherine Street, Easons also sold homebrew equipment at one stage. I fear it is a dying art.
    Check out the Beer/wine/spirits forum in the social section of boards.ie. There is currently a raging homebrew debate underway, im sure they will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Easons used to sell Home Brewing Kits upstairs years ago.
    Wine and Cider/Beer that you make in two weeks. I dont know if
    they still do. For large drums/containers/Tubing the Co-op shops
    will be cheapest (even though they are more expensive for nearly everything else)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

There used to be a wonderful homebrew store in Catherine Street, Easons also sold homebrew equipment at one stage. out.

Thomas street i think. It might still be there, it opened at random hours though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

A home brew store opening at random hours sounds about rite. Would love to get my hands on the kit though remember helping my Dad Make wine and beer as a kid.

And in case anyone is wondering Raspberryade or ribena are not good replacements for red wine :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

There is NO PLACE to get homebrew kit in Limerick at the moment. The guy who used to open at random times in Thomas Street is the guy in Killaloe, he moved out of Limerick:
    We were talking about this a while back on the drinkin' forum...

Advertisement