Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serenity R2 DVD release date/artwork

• 18-01-2006 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ello all, Just thought I'd post about Serenity R2 Release and artwork.
    Play have it here

The Art work is the Movie poster for Ireland/Austraila/England. So I am happy with that. The other one looked like zombies in space :(

B000BLJGBC.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't like the way they advertise from the creator of Buffy and Angel.

I think both those shows are pathetic and that very tag is what led me to not see Serenity in the cinema. Once I saw from the creator of Buffy and Angel, I made my mind up on the spot "Nope, not going see that anyway!"

Now as it turns out that's a good thing, as it gave me the chance to see the series first and now the film, but still. It may appeal to Buffy and Angel fans and general fans of Joss Whedon but I know alot of people unfortunately who didn't go to see Serenity purely on the basis of that tag. Myself included.

Which is a shame, as it's so brilliant! :)

Anyway, the cover is nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Actually, Angel was an excellent show, once it got into it. Pity it took such a dive in the latter part of the fourth season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I have to agree with MobileInfantry on this one. I love Angel, but I think that tag will put a lot of people off. The general public just don't see those shows as anything good. I don't really understand why the marketing people had to advertise the fact that Joss did Buffy and Angel. A bad decision, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh yeah, certainly. Serenity should've been marketed under it's own steam. All I had said that Angel was a good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It would probably sell better to the general public if they put "From the writer of Toy Story" on it but I guess they're trying to tap the existing Buffy/Angel market, which is a shame, because they're probably all already on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Not a big fan of either Angel or Buffy, I'd watch the odd episode but they never really grabbed me so yeah, it put me off a bit at first.

TBH, it was the fact so many people from boards.ie whose posts I respected had sigs referencing the series/movie or endorsed this forum that made me inclined to go see the movie in the first place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Buffy & to a lesser extent Angel, were childrens shows. I was really put off Serenity by that tag, I know a **** load of my friends were too. TERRIBLE marketing descision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hated the "From the Creator of..." tagline myself!

My R3 copy was shipped last Wednesday from CDWOW - got it for a splendid £8! :D Prefer the R2 artwork but can't complain that much.

Should be here at some point this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I have to agree about the Buffy and angle tag line. I know a few people in work came up to me when I had that image as my desktop and asked was it like buffy in space or something. The tag line is a real off putter for the standurd joe/jane who's not heard of Firefly. Its a shame really. Its Such a nice poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Recieved my R3 copy today and i didn't realise they'd changed to the cover to the one i preferred as opposed to the "zombies in space" cover (as sutty so eloquently put it).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Not sure if CDWOW are going to take preorders for Serenity R2, but just a word of warning if they do. The last two preorders I made with them were each delayed for two weeks due to the non-arrival of the stock.

Will deffo be ordering it somewhere though.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I don't like the way they advertise from the creator of Buffy and Angel.
    Put me off it anyway. Well, that and the fact that I haven't seen the series yet.

Plan on watching both at somestage (due to all the recomendations here -- haven't heard much from anyone or anywhere else to be honest), but don't feel in any hurry.

'Buffy & Angel' tag defenitly a bad decision. I take it then, that it's not like these shows (I really can't stand them)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No, it's nothing like the shows. While I acknowledge alot of people like them, the kind of people that liked them would already see Serenity anyway more then likely because of Whedon. Putting that tag on only served to alienate alot of cinema goers like myself who hate those shows, and hence decided on those few words that the film would be crap.

I absolutely loved Firefly, can't wait to see the movie Serenity.....and I hate Buffy and Angel, especially Buffy, with a passion

Advertisement