Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DMark06 Released: Post Your Scores

Options
  • 18-01-2006 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

I should have it shortly.
    I don't expect to get above 5k :(

Torrent here.
    Download page (but it's snowed under).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

D/L now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

pfft, why bother, not with today's hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I'm gonna run it and cry when I see my score. 3d'05 was already a slideshow.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I am getting 6kb/s in the torrent:mad:

3D MARK 06 will put my athlon 64 3700 @2.8ghz and my 7800gt to shame:o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

See the minimum requirements?
    futuremark wrote:
    Intel® or AMD® compatible processor 2.5GHz or higher
    DirectX® 9 compatible graphics adapter with Pixel Shader 2.0 support or later, and graphics memory of 256 MB minimum*
    1GB of system RAM or more - 1.5GB of free hard disk space
    Windows® XP 32bit operating system with latest Service Packs and updates installed
    DirectX® 9.0c December 2005 or later
    Microsoft Excel® 2003 or XP for some 3DMark functionality
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 for some 3DMark functionality
    * To run the HDR/SM3.0 graphics tests, a DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter with support for Pixel Shader 3.0, 16 bit floating point textures and 16 bit floating point blending is required.

Feckin hell - only WizZards machine will give this a run for its money. To think I was so proud of my 8k in 3DMark05. sniff. :(

• Advertisement

Around the 4000 mark seems to be where its at from reading other forums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

will try and pick this up soon
    seems like 2800 is around the mark i should expect with a 3400+ 1gig 6800gt

from looking on the overclockers.co.uk fourm, its really towards dual-core and sli
    x2 4800+ 2gig 7800GTX x2 can get 7712

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

and there was me thinking my new pc i got for christmas was good for games and would last me a year :rolleyes:

Ah it will. Mine bloody will - it has no choice!!

3DMark06 is just pure hardcore - the quad sli rig from dell would probably struggle - it'll be the next gen cards again that this is aimed at. the 8800s or whatever the next series will be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Everytime stock cards come close to 15k in 3d mark, they release another version. Who cares if you score bad, as long as your games still run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I started the torrent at that time earlier, and I've just come home and it's STILL downloading! :eek:
    Bloody hell.

I get around 13.5k in '05, wonder what '06 will bring!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Here's one of my 3DMARK06 Compares:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=5937

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

See the minimum requirements?
    Ah yes, thanks... not even going to bother downloading it now.
    256MB vram? ... pfff, we're not all rich. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lol getting 200k on the torrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

got it installed but everytime i go to run it my pc reboots :confused:

my pc specs

P4 HT EMT64 630 3.0GHz LGA775
    MSI 915P/G Neo 2 mobo
    2GB RAM
    Club3D GeForce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI-EXP
    550W PSU
    OS - XP MCE 2005

have latest bios, dx, and nvidia drivers.

probably won't even run on my pc but just wanted to give it a go anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

hellboy99 wrote:
    got it installed but everytime i go to run it my pc reboots :confused:

my pc specs

P4 HT EMT64 630 3.0GHz LGA775
    MSI 915P/G Neo 2 mobo
    2GB RAM
    Club3D GeForce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI-EXP
    550W PSU
    OS - XP MCE 2005

have latest bios, dx, and nvidia drivers.

probably won't even run on my pc but just wanted to give it a go anyway :rolleyes:

u only got 128meg graphics ram so i dont think it will work
    im just dsownloading now, dont really have a rig to test it on though :( will be a few weeks before i get the main rig up and running, komplett only recieved my rma'd expert today :mad:

Got 6635. I'm actually fairly impressed that I got that. However it does seem that 10k will be easier to break for this 3DMark than the rest.
    The CPU tests are incredibly difficult! I was getting avg 0 FPS in one test! ;)
    Not overclocked much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Evil program.

The demo routines have gotten worse and less exciting and they've made the program far more restrictive over the years. It's been MTV-ified.

It is disappointing. The first two tests are just re-hashes of '05, but prettier/more lighting. The CPU tests are limited to 2 FPS max! Not that anyone'll get near that for a short while, IMO.
    The snow test is the only new one that I saw, but that is SM3.0 dependent. Gonna run it on my work machine now (P4 3.0Ghz, 1GB DDR2, ATI X300 :D)
    <edit>Haha 3dmark069qs.th.jpg</edit>

I haven't bothered downloading it yet cos despitea 3meg connection it was only running at 46k with all the traffic and I needed sleep.

SUpposedly this is designed for dual core setups yet until Windows Vista comes out it will still be limited to one core so I'm guessing the FX's will still rule all for the time being until apps are threaded between two cores. Or am I typing ****e?

Just looked at WizZard's scores on the ORB:
    CPU Tests
    1 - Red Valley 0.348 FPS

:eek: An FX-57 @ 3.025GHz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

2K, XP support SMP.

well 10k has already been beaten

on a 3.4ghz X2 :eek:
    sweet

come to think of it thats probably an fx60

Link? <edit>D'oh, just searched on FM :)

Dear God, I'm only 97th in that list! :eek:</edit>

havent got one, just do a search for all cpus etc and it will give u the top one, it is like 10,800 or something

2 x gtx 512's :D

Ok finally got round to running the test, only 3740 but I reckon I can get a lot more

3dmark06.jpg
    My specs are
    Asus A8N-SLI Premium
    AMDXP 64 3500+ 2.2Ghz @ stock
    XFX GeForce 7800GT LED Edition @ 500/1150
    2x512mb Geil Ultra-X @ 2-2-2-5, 1T

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Finally got it installed last night. The first two demos were indeed rehashes of 3DMark 05 but the new lighting did omprove things considerably. Wasn't really that impressed with the HDR in the Forest demo, things like wood shouldnt be so shiney..

Didnt get further than the CPU test however, she was running at 0-1FPS and it was 5.35am so I decided to call it a night. I'll give it another go later and watch some TV while thats running.

Was getting around 15 (outside) - 35FPS (inside) in Return To Proxygen and around 10-20 in the Forest...yay! :rolleyes:

I was just browsing the scores and threw in my specs to see what I should/might be getting and there's a bunch of scores where the cpu is stated as an X2 but in the titles put in by the user it says "Opteron 1xx @ xxx"

Does 3d'06 pick up opterons as X2's?

Here's an Irish mirror for anyone who is having slower download speeds - this one is trucking along at a solid 350k for me on metro:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_12243.shtml

Okay finally got it and ran a test. She's tough bitch alright. But I'm happy enough. I've beaten many with the same spec and a few with better.

4448 3DMarks

I compared it with your score WizZ and it would appear the dual cores seem to have the edge on FX single cores - my CPU score was twice yours - but your SLi GTX's are ****ting all over my poor single GT. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I ran it on my laptop with a lowly 6800 Ultra.. The GPU was running at stock and the system wasn't rebooted before it..

Got a lowly score of 2032 3D Marks..

SM2.0 Score - 725
    HDR/SM3.0 Score - 857
    CPU Score - 964

Gonna re-run it tomorrow with the GPU overclocked a wee bit :)

For completeness sakes, here is was the 7800Go GTX is getting:

http://www.notebookforums.com/showpost.php?p=1616937&postcount=75

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Ok i know this might sound stupid but how does the 3dmark work and how do you find out your score

Advertisement