Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DMark06 Released: Post Your Scores

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Download the program: http://www.gamershell.com/download_12243.shtml

Run the program.

Your score will be given to you at the end.

It works by stressing your CPU and GFX card out to the limit making it work as hard as possible by implementing loads of special effects and then calculates your frame rate and works out a score based on what your machine can handle. Its the (best) way of seeing just how powerful a games machine you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Wow that was embarrasing! Got 1,696 :(
    SM2: 679
    HDR/SM3: 614
    CPU: 973

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Anyone else find that 6800GT in SLI dont score so well? My 1x7800GTX gets about double the 6800GT SLI score (3954 vs around 2200). About 600MHz difference in CPU speed mind you on the GTX system (Opteron 2.8GHz).

All GPUs at stock speed.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

3423 with my Dell XPS M170 without overclocking either the CPU or the GPU Which is a 7800 GTX GO .so i might play around with it latter when im finished work ..not bad for a LAPTOP :rolleyes:

SM2 1503
    SM3 1514
    CPU 900

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dubdvd wrote:
    3423 with my Dell XPS M170 without overclocking either the CPU or the GPU .so i might play around with it latter when im finished work ..not bad for a LAPTOP :rolleyes:

SM2 1503
    SM3 1514
    CPU 900

Pretty sweet dude.. Am currently playing with the notion of upgrading my 6800 Ultra to a 7800 GTX.. Will cost about 500 dollars from the states..

If you do overclock the GPU a tad, you should be able to get closer to 4000 - you prob know this already though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

5089 with my new rig.

Not optimised OC at all, just a 1/4 way through the job, but couldn't resist giving 3dMark 06 a run

X2 4400+ @ a very unstable 2.6ghz (think its the ram)
    2 x 512MB G.Skill LE
    290FSB and x9 Multi
    x3 for the LDT multi thingy
    7800GTX 256MB 490/550 (I am sure of the GPU clock, not sure of the mem clock til I check)
    Vcore 1.5V (though I got stable 2.53 at stock Vcore, then went the high FSB route to put some manners on my RAM)

Didn't have enough time to do a proper OC so Hiked CPU and RAM at the same time, will work on MAX CPU and then MAX RAM clocks seperately tonight.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

You got over 5k with ONE 7800GTX 256? :eek:

dubdvd wrote:
    3423 with my Dell XPS M170 without overclocking either the CPU or the GPU Which is a 7800 GTX GO .so i might play around with it latter when im finished work ..not bad for a LAPTOP :rolleyes:

SM2 1503
    SM3 1514
    CPU 900
    You're using old drivers. Update them and you should get a better score

Heres the first run I submitted, but this was only at 2.5ghz

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=58932

I have an extra GIG of G.skill LA I will throw in tonight to make 4 x 512MB. Ramp the GPU up to 500/550, and have areal hard go at 2.6ghz+

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

WizZard wrote:
    You got over 5k with ONE 7800GTX 256? :eek:

Its all about the X2 ;)

• Advertisement

Check what a kicking my X2 4400+ @ 2.5ghz gives Dubs FX57 @ 3ghz

Clearly this is a fully multithreaded App. Nearly twice the score in both CPU Tests........unbelievable, and not entirely fair considering in any of todays single threaded games Dubs FX57 would give me a proper spanking.

Inqui

:rolleyes: :p It was my FX57.

I was looking at it earlier. Crazy isn't it!

Now I know why yer selling it.....

......a fiver says your sig says FX60 or X2 4X00+ before the end of next month :o)

Inqui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Madong

Inquitus wrote:

......a fiver says your sig says FX60 or X2 4X00+ before the end of next month :o)

Inqui

I've ordered a FX60 and 7800 GTX on route ;-)

Inquitus wrote:

Inqui
    Who, me??? :D

Inquitus wrote:
    Check what a kicking my X2 4400+ @ 2.5ghz gives Dubs FX57 @ 3ghz

Clearly this is a fully multithreaded App. Nearly twice the score in both CPU Tests........unbelievable, and not entirely fair considering in any of todays single threaded games Dubs FX57 would give me a proper spanking.

Inqui

i hav'nt run it "3dmark06" on my main rig yet ...that score is from my laptop ..which reminds me to put my main rig back together again ..that score is the older drivers on a 7800Go GTX on a LAPTOP :D

dubdvd wrote:
    i hav'nt run it "3dmark06" on my main rig yet ...that score is from my laptop ..which reminds me to put my main rig back together again ..that score is the older drivers on a 7800Go GTX on a LAPTOP :D

Never looked at your scores Dub, got you and Wizz mixed up. Looking back yer lappy aint even at the races :eek:

Was comparing to Wizzs 7800GTX 256 SLI and FX57 @ 3 gigs

Inquitus wrote:
    Never looked at your scores Dub, got you and Wizz mixed up. Looking back yer lappy aint even at the races :eek:

Was comparing to Wizzs 7800GTX 256 SLI and FX57 @ 3 gigs

That might be because its only a LAPTOP doh :rolleyes:

Even so, my bro has an XPS2 with 2gigs Ram and a 7800GTX Go and 2.23 (or whatever it is 2.23 2.27) Pentium M and it gives yours a bit of a spanking at stock.

One hell of a laptop tho the both of them :)

hopefully if i get the ball5 up to do this or this. i might get up near your brothers scores

• Advertisement

I have read a few of those before......

......He who dares wins :D

Wonder if my employers will let me hack apart my work dell Latitude D610 so I can get at the 1.7ghz Pentium M lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ok heres my effort on my new pc! Its a dual core 3800, 2gb ram, 256mb nvidea 6800 ultra edition, dfi lanyparty mb.. No overclocking done yet!

dubdvd wrote:
    hopefully if i get the ball5 up to do this or this. i might get up near your brothers scores

Drastic overkill...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i must put together arig that i can run this on, LOL

You need an FX-57 gline. I know someone who is selling one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

WizZard wrote:
    You need an FX-57 gline. I know someone who is selling one ;)

yeh right, aint got the doh for a serious cpu like that, lol
    i wish :(

gline wrote:
    yeh right, aint got the doh for a serious cpu like that, lol
    i wish :(

Why dont you sell off one of those 5 computers in your sig ;):/

Why dont you sell off one of those 5 computers in your sig ;):/

I am and the 7800gtx 512 also. badly need cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

got 1634 on a voltmodded x800 pro(1.5V) running at 576Mhz core and 549Mhz memory. Really have to get rid of this crap Dell. when you see people are getting the 10K in this benchmark it shows just how far behind my hardware is.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=51564

Advertisement