Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Stabbed

• 18-01-2006 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear anything further about the stabbing out the back of Roches stores today ?

Very scarey when a stabbing takes place at half 12 in the day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

50 year old seemed to be known to people about the place.

One of the guards said he was "practically dead", bad state of affairs, I was in town at one certainly wouldn't have expected something like this to happen.

According to Gaurds on site he was hit by a van whilst running away from his attacker, the driver of the van was not connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I think I know the guy alright if its the lad Im thinking of.

But what would possess someone to do that? Does anyone know was it just random or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

news to me. will he be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The media are saying he lived in a hostel so I guess thats the one on Lady Lane, it seems he is critical which is not suprising.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    I think I know the guy alright if its the lad Im thinking of.

But what would possess someone to do that? Does anyone know was it just random or what?

I heard a name mentioned, but twould be wrong to say anything on here.

If they arrested 4 it can't have been too random....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah, i heard that not too long ago.
    Fairly shocking stuff, hope he's going to pull through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Any links going on for this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Have picked up various bits of gossip from back home during the week.

Supposedly it was that oldish chap that introduced himself with a "Howdy-Doody"... He used to come into the shop I work in on weekends.

He was cut accross the neck, for whatever reasons, and it seems some latvians (sp?) are being blamed for it.

And yeah, after he was stabbed he ran out in front of a van.

Not sure how credible any of that is though.

Guess I'll find out more from the old man when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blaming Latvians has replaced Travellers....sure we're all Europeans now.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 cykedout

Heard from a friend of mine that he's one of the "wino's" that you often see around town, but he's one of the quietest ones. He wouldn't say "boo" to anyone, appears friendly and mostly just sits outside city square drinking ONE can of beer or so, a day.

What my friend heard, and it's not in any way substantiated, but it seems he's also quite HONEST. And he may have reported some other people i.e. some of the other "wino's" to the shops and/or supermarkets that they were stealing/shoplifting drink. That's what the rumoured argument/altercation was about, from what he's heard. I don't know but it sounds more plausible than Latvians.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Was told the man was harmless enought
    Another rumour is that the woman slit his truth after he was pushed to the ground by her son. Think they all lived together or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

cykedout wrote:
    Heard from a friend of mine that he's one of the "wino's" that you often see around town, but he's one of the quietest ones. He wouldn't say "boo" to anyone, appears friendly and mostly just sits outside city square drinking ONE can of beer or so, a day.

is that the guy with crutches by chance?

No different chap!

Lol, full story! Get it while it's fresh.

It was that female wino that stabbed him, you know the one that normally drinks near the bus station? Her. Reasons are still unknown, she supposedly fainted after it. The man was stabbed accross his neck, the back of his neck, and another wound on his cheek. He's in hospital now, critical, but a kinda stable critical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I think I seen her before with a fella on the quay.She tripped on the road and started crying.The fella that she was with picked her up and brought her across to the other side of the road.I felt so sorry for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

critical, but a kinda stable critical
    Nice medical diagnosis doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭marky4

ye it was that fella that says howdy doo or whatever, 1 of my brothers friends seen it happen, and the woman was the 1 that wud be in the alley acros from where it happened, she does always be with 3 lads, and if u looked at her she would stab ya, my friends mam nearly got stabbed off her, only for she got away, its amazin how the city has changed so much in the last few years, i feel sorry for that man, as he seem sound enough.

meldrew wrote:
    critical, but a kinda stable critical
    Nice medical diagnosis doc

Never said I was a doc tbh!

And yeah, the city does seem to be getting alot worse.

Advertisement