Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice for buying DC2

Options
  • 18-01-2006 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey foks,

Looking to buy a Honda Integra DC2 type-r in a couple of months... a '96 one if possible.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice I should keep in mind when buying one or anything I should know...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

They drink oil, there uncomfortable, the rides as hard as nails, everyone wants them, insurance is horrible if your not into your twenties, high risk for thieves ,there basically a coffin if you crash, they will crumple like a tin can.

But there f***ing amazing:D

Just do the usual stuff checking cars, ow and ensure it IS a type r. Theres a good few knock offs going around too. Perhaps get a fresh import?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭sweno

Thanks lad.. I had a drive in one a while back and just loved it! I see I'm not alone their anyway. I've noticed a few knock off's round already... was thinking about importing except for the fact that there is so many flying around for sale lately... plus after VRT and VAT there's feck all in the price difference.

sweno wrote:
    Thanks lad.. I had a drive in one a while back and just loved it! I see I'm not alone their anyway. I've noticed a few knock off's round already... was thinking about importing except for the fact that there is so many flying around for sale lately... plus after VRT and VAT there's feck all in the price difference.
    My brothers selling a 213 bhp one(standard is something like 193). I got a couple drives in it and its very,very quick. Its a 96 too.
    http://www.icetronix.com/index.aspx?page=display_carsforsale&id=145

Once those cowboys in the insurance company get back to be I might go enquire about this... looks sweet lad :D

sweno wrote:
    Once those cowboys in the insurance company get back to be I might go enquire about this... looks sweet lad :D
    You should see its replacement. 2.2 litre Prelude Type-S. Its some car!
    Im actually really sad to see the Integra go. Id love to have gotten insurance on it but im only 18 and that so its impossible. Cars well looked after too, used to wash her all the bloody time and regular oil chages etc. Noise of the thing is something else:D

• Advertisement

Optimus wrote:
    You should see its replacement. 2.2 litre Prelude Type-S. Its some car!
    Im actually really sad to see the Integra go. Id love to have gotten insurance on it but im only 18 and that so its impossible. Cars well looked after too, used to wash her all the bloody time and regular oil chages etc. Noise of the thing is something else:D
    Lad your making the hair on the back of my neck stand up talking about it! Im 20 nealy 21 (yipee) so the insurance is a bit better (feck all tho). I can at least get quoted on it now compared to last year when you'd just hear them laughing down the phone to you.

sweno wrote:
    Lad your making the hair on the back of my neck stand up talking about it! Im 20 nealy 21 (yipee) so the insurance is a bit better (feck all tho). I can at least get quoted on it now compared to last year when you'd just hear them laughing down the phone to you.
    You will still get companies refusing you insurance anyways. Iv heard of some people being refused insurance on a glanza at 25 by quinn direct. Just have to keep ringing back until you get a decent person on the phone. Some insurance places will also say you have to be over 25 at first . Its ridiculous though.

Anyway, you should get insurance with a bit of work (also, your current insurance company is legally obliged to offer you a quote on any car).
    Check www.brittoninsurance.com for a quote too. They are very "young" driver friendly.
    Couple more pictures of the integra anyway for you to check out: http://www.jmg.ie/myfolder/integra/

Oh indeed I know I've been through the insurance web too many times before. They are very quick to say we won't quote you..but as you eventually learn you have to demanded a quote and their tone soon changes. Advice to anyone finding it hard to get a quote is DEMAND ONE!

Optimus about your friend with the Glanza. I have a few friends with them and as of late the premiums have gone up alot I've been told. They were a great a few years ago as they saw the 1.3 and said that won't be too bad... Seen as you can't go more than about 10mins now when driving without seeing one I guess their changing things around a bit. Feckers!!!

I've been told there is a way of getting european insurance now for sweet feck all, but still haven't found out all the details of this just yet!!

Have I seen those pictures on the boards before?...looks mad familiar!

sweno wrote:
    Oh indeed I know I've been through the insurance web too many times before. They are very quick to say we won't quote you..but as you eventually learn you have to demanded a quote and their tone soon changes. Advice to anyone finding it hard to get a quote is DEMAND ONE!

Optimus about your friend with the Glanza. I have a few friends with them and as of late the premiums have gone up alot I've been told. They were a great a few years ago as they saw the 1.3 and said that won't be too bad... Seen as you can't go more than about 10mins now when driving without seeing one I guess their changing things around a bit. Feckers!!!

I've been told there is a way of getting european insurance now for sweet feck all, but still haven't found out all the details of this just yet!!

Have I seen those pictures on the boards before?...looks mad familiar!
    He might have out then up in a for sale thread, its been for sale since early december or before. But he hasnt really gotten round to trying to sell it properly yet.
    I havent heard anything about that european insurance though, any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Ì'm also after the same kinda car!! Or possibly a SiR Jap import. You can get them pretty cheap if you look around, especially from the UK. I refuse to pay any more than 5000 to 7000 for a 95 - 98 Integra.

Also looking at Celica GTs - savage cars as well, and you can get some serious deals in the UK. They're much cheaper than Type R - maybe it's the demand that is pushing Type R prices so high, but Celicas have gone down a lot.

• Advertisement

Optimus wrote:
    He might have out then up in a for sale thread, its been for sale since early december or before. But he hasnt really gotten round to trying to sell it properly yet.
    I havent heard anything about that european insurance though, any more info?
    No... I haven't been talking to the lad that told me about it since but hoping to meet up with him soon enough so I'll be asking then. I remember him telling me crazy cheap prices for skylines and the lark... maybe it was all a wonderful dream!? ;)

sweno wrote:
    No... I haven't been talking to the lad that told me about it since but hoping to meet up with him soon enough so I'll be asking then. I remember him telling me crazy cheap prices for skylines and the lark... maybe it was all a wonderful dream!? ;)
    More than likely. Im sure we would have heard something by now.
    There something about having a car for 2 months in a different country every year means you can insure it there and its valid here but im not sure. Wouldnt be worth it anyway.

Dagon wrote:
    Ì'm also after the same kinda car!! Or possibly a SiR Jap import. You can get them pretty cheap if you look around, especially from the UK. I refuse to pay any more than 5000 to 7000 for a 95 - 98 Integra.

Also looking at Celica GTs - savage cars as well, and you can get some serious deals in the UK. They're much cheaper than Type R - maybe it's the demand that is pushing Type R prices so high, but Celicas have gone down a lot.

Ya the prices of integra's have soared here lately. I've been watchin the stocks in england there is alot there and prices are slowly goin down but its the VRT thats a killer! brings up the price a fair bit. I had been looking at GT Celica's originally but I got a spin in a type r and just fell for it. I actually haven't tried getting quoted on a GT might be something I'll do..
    You have a good point aswell there ain't as much demand for the Celicas and the price has gone down alot! (KEEP GOING DOWN! & bring petrol prices with you! :D )

sweno wrote:
    bring petrol prices with you! :D )
    Never gonna happen mate:(

Optimus wrote:
    Never gonna happen mate:(

Sad.... but true.....

I've been watchin the stocks in england there is alot there and prices are slowly goin down but its the VRT thats a killer!

Yeah, but the VRT on a 94 Celica GT 2.0 is about €455 :D:D:D

There is a 90% chance I'll have struck the following deal tomorrow night:
    - Red Celica GT automatic 1994, 80,000 miles, mint cond - £1000 + have to drive it from the UK to Ireland myself + VRT + NCT

Then again I might not. But it doesn't sound too bad eh? Also, I'm 25 now and had some fairly ok quotes. Although the petrol would be a kkkunt.

I'm sure your smiling ear to ear alright! :D

Thats a HELL of a deal you've got... Its not as big a deal as you think driving it back.. I went with my mate before when he went to buy a vti civic. Just book a cheap fight over, ferry back and pop into easons for a decent map ;)

Also its no harm to have the quote in writing, as I've heard of people getting stung by getthing a good quote over the phone but then being told after buying a car that they won't insure them!

Other than that lad all I can say it... feck the petrol... enjoy it!

Absolutely mate, feck the petrol! Sure it's only money, can't take it with you when you leave this world :)

I wasn't really after an auto tbh, but at that price it's hard to resist. I'm sure it's not that bad if the car is a GT!

Hopefully won't be too much of a big deal getting it back alright. Should be a cool experience though. I'll make sure they've had it serviced so the old thing doesn't blow up before I get to catch the ferry home :D
    Also, nice idea there to bring a mate along for the journey. It's about 450 miles drive back (if I get it!) so a bit of company would kill the journey big-time. Hopefully Microsoft Autoroute will get me through al the twists and turns...

Dagon wrote:
    Absolutely mate, feck the petrol! Sure it's only money, can't take it with you when you leave this world :)

I wasn't really after an auto tbh, but at that price it's hard to resist. I'm sure it's not that bad if the car is a GT!

Hopefully won't be too much of a big deal getting it back alright. Should be a cool experience though. I'll make sure they've had it serviced so the old thing doesn't blow up before I get to catch the ferry home :D
    Also, nice idea there to bring a mate along for the journey. It's about 450 miles drive back (if I get it!) so a bit of company would kill the journey big-time. Hopefully Microsoft Autoroute will get me through al the twists and turns...
    Defo bring someone with ya lad.. Thats a bit of drive you have so company if nothing else will be a help.

Best of luck with it.. Let us know how you get on!

Advertisement