Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market share?

• 18-01-2006 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good website resource that gives revenue and market share information for the various different console manufactures.
    ie. Sony , Microsoft, Nintendo

I rather read an unbiased site rather than thrawl through the respective corporate sites for the info.
    At the moment all I can find is conflicting or out of date reports on the subject.

Any links would be much appriciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Sony hasn't announced figures for current PSPs but 13-14 million DS sold is the Nintendo line and Sony was aiming for 13 million PSPs sold by Christmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

I think those figures are units shipped theres a big difference, games companies always like to bend the truth a little. but anyway I'm looking for a more general site link with loads of stats.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

pat kenny wrote:
    I think those figures are units shipped theres a big difference, games companies always like to bend the truth a little. but anyway I'm looking for a more general site link with loads of stats.

Ireland only… Some stats, maybe not ‘loads of stats’, and I'm afraid I can’t even share the charts with the format break downs, but here’s a bit of analyses on the Irish Christmas Charts, including examples of such format break down.

The artical states "PSP often out ranks Xbox & 360 combined" in Ireland, this is said to be quite diffrent in the US, for example.

Advertisement