Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Hammer awards on tonight.

• 18-01-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

yeah i just thought id let you guys know that they are on tonight on utv at 12.25.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

Think its last years Awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's a sad state of affairs that a rag like Metal Hammer have televised awards. No offense to anyone who reads it, but christ, a shambles of and excuse for journalism. That and Kerrang make baby Lemmy cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It's a sad state of affairs that a rag like Metal Hammer have televised awards. No offense to anyone who reads it, but christ, a shambles of and excuse for journalism. That and Kerrang make baby Lemmy cry.

Agreed. They are barely worth being used as toilet paper let alone taking up broadcasting time. Terrorizer is about the only decent metal magazine and even then I don't buy it all the time.

John2 wrote:
    Agreed. They are barely worth being used as toilet paper let alone taking up broadcasting time. Terrorizer is about the only decent metal magazine and even then I don't buy it all the time.

Agreed there twicefold. Fine piece of journalism, which I cannot fault most of the time. Few things here and there I'd disagree with, but nothing like some of the idiocy I've read in Metal Hammer. I remember MH once they had a feature on Goth and one of the bands they interviewed for this peice was Dark Tranquillity for some ungodly reason. Bogglesome idiocy.

Terrorizer do some amazing articles aswell. Especially some of the "Specials" they do. I loved the Prog Special, they featured loads of bands like Yes, ELP, Genesis, King Crimson, Rush, aswell as looking at how these bands influenced a lot of Metal, and asking many current Metal bands like Opeth and Sigh about their influences. Fantastic read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i concur. i rarely buy magazines, but when i do, its always Terrorizer. or guitar magazines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

we're going off topic, but Zero Tolerance is a cool magazine!
    its bi-monthly with a free cd, and is a really handy size too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wow that was bad, only agreed with slipknot's award for best live, liked seeing nightwish play though ... Apart from that, bleh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah that was really bad i agree with you Tar the only thing i agreed with was slipknot and roadrunner,the clips they played for that was amazing.

I wouldnt know about the quality of metal hammer as i have never bought it.iI almost never buy music magazines,the only time i have every bought one was an issue of terrorizer ( by the way i just have to say that that is a really bad name,I dont knowe if they were trying to make it appeal to a younger audiance or something).

terrorizer ( by the way i just have to say that that is a really bad name,I dont knowe if they were trying to make it appeal to a younger audiance or something).

Actually, they got the name from a cult trash metal band. Perhaps making it appeal to an underground audience, but certainly not a younger. Besides, the sheer juvenile attempts at journalism by Kerrang and Metal Hammer will just tell you who's appealing to a younger audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think Terrorizer is a great name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I havent read Terrorizer that much, but its always been a great read when I have read it.Read the article on Bolt Thrower and Meshuggah, quality material I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Kerrang and Metal H ammer are pretty woeful alright.
    Rock Sound is a decent mag, especially if you're not a big metalhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Actually, they got the name from a cult trash metal band. Perhaps making it appeal to an underground audience, but certainly not a younger. Besides, the sheer juvenile attempts at journalism by Kerrang and Metal Hammer will just tell you who's appealing to a younger audience.

I appollogies for my extreame lack of knowlege o mighty lord.

(backs out of the room bowing salutations)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Are 'The Killers' playing at it?

Advertisement