Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Final Resolution

• 18-01-2006 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I watched TNA's latest ppv earlier today, and yet again they've pulled it off! Very good ppv, maybe not quite as good as their previous one, but some brilliant moments

First match was exactly what you'd expect from the guys involved. Austin Aries, Roderick Strong and Alex Shelley vs Matt Bentley, Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt. Loads of innovative stuff goin on, pity bout it ending with a roll-up though..

First time in nearly 6 years since Billy Gunn and Road Dogg tagged on ppv! Now known as Kip and BG James though. Fought Elix Skipper and David Young, and won. Elix Skipper is a lot like a smaller Shelton Benjamin, in a lot of ways. I think he's a bit more consistent. The James Gang are involved with a feud with a new heel group, one of the members is Homicide, who's a ****in brilliant wrestler, but he's injured and is undecided on surgery cos he could lose his spot. Let it be a lesson on getting health insurance if you ever live in America

Next match featured AJ Styles against New Japan's Hiroshi Tanahashi. Great match, Tanahashi showed great psychology, I loved it. A few bits made me wonder though, Tanahashi seemed to be intentionally dodging some of AJ's moves. Maybe they were too stiff, or he was bein a bastard, or maybe it was part of the match, I don't know, but it was a little strange. Part of AJ's storyline is that he won the award of Mr TNA 2005, and Shannon Moore had stolen his plaque. After AJ won the match (which he did with a very hurried Styles Clash..), Tanahashi presented him with the plaque which Shannon had hit him with. Then Shannon legged it in and nicked it back! I love that guy! Seems to have more tattoos than I remember

Raven vs a mystery opponent - if Raven wins he gets World Title shot, if he loses he's gone from TNA. And the mystery opponent is....X-PAC! Haha. I don't mind the guy too much, I know some people hate him. Alright match, no dq, with Sean Waltman picking up the win. Raven's foot was on the ropes though, but it was a no dq match, so that shouldn't count. Nearly every promotion changes their mind on that rule. Raven's gone. I've found him to be a bit hit-and-miss lately, but he was on form this night. Interesting meeting with Jackie Gayda after the match. She's an awful jumpy person

Ron Killings vs Bobby Roode was alright. Nothing special. Roode picking up the win when Konnan tries to help The Truth

Abyss vs Rhino next. I'm enjoying Rhino again now. Hard hitting match, Abyss wins with his finisher onto two chairs. Dave Hebner was among the fans for a lot of matches, looking around. He's the new "managing consultant". Don't have a clue where that's going

Big build up for the Dudleys as they try to win the NWA tag titles for the first time, off of America's Most Wanted. Great match, and the finish was a bit crap, but very clever. AMW were going to throw powder at Team 3D, but "Brother Ray" threw it at Chris Harris, and the ref went down also. 3D for the win, but the ref still had powder in his eyes, so by the time the ref had cleaned his eyes out and looked back at the ring, Team Canada had attacked the Dudleys during their celebration and put Harris on top for the pin. So the ref thought he'd counted the pin for AMW, and they were announced the winners. No complaints from me, these two teams have had some great matches, looks like more to come. Gail Kim did a perfect hurricanrana off the apron in this match, made Lita look bollox by comparison! And most guys too

And now for the X-Division Title match! Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels. I don't think I've ever seen a bad Daniels match. And Joe's been on fire, on ppv at least, recently. So everyone was expecting a lot from this match and it delivered. I seem to be one of the few who's not too sure about Joe..he's had plenty of amazing matches, but he's still a fat slob! Vicious beating on Daniels in the end, AJ threw in the towel for him. Hope there's another AJ/Joe match soon, their last one was deadly!

The main event! The moment everyone was waiting for, the return of Sting. He was teaming with Christian against Jarrett and Monty Brown. Christian started the match, then tagged in Sting, who bet on Jarrett a bit before knocking him out of the ring. Loud loud chants of "you've still got it!", and they were right. Sting didn't seem to have missed a beat, he's in shape and battlin well! Great match I thought, Jarrett's nowhere near as bad as most people seem to think. Christian was his usual entertaining self, and Monty did what was needed. Jarrett was going for the guitar on Christian, but Sting used his baseball bat to wreck it, before hitting the Scorpion Deathdrop for the win! Great to see

Probably a bit too much to be writing, but I know most people don't watch TNA, so maybe they can get an idea of what it's about from this. Their ppv's are a lot more consistent than WWE's have been lately, and the undercard puts on better matches. Go see it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Yep, it was pretty good alright....

So much more potential with TNA at the moment.... and apart from Jerrett having to be in the 'HHH' position of always in the Main Event, the rest of the card is shaped nicely, and the wrestling is entertaining and the storylines well thought out.....

Some of the younger guys in the X division (Shelly, Aeries, Dutt etc) are being allowed to do what they want, and are really coming along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Thanks for the review Fozzy, looking forward to seeing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

how did you guys see it?its not onTWC til next week...i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LivingDead

Don't we get TNA PPVs live on TWC these days?
    Can't believe I missed this if it was on live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't have TWC, but there's always ways!

They showed the clip of Jarrett beating on Hogan a couple of times during the ppv, I'd nearly forgotten about that. One of the few guys Hogan hasn't gotten back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

LivingDead wrote:
    Don't we get TNA PPVs live on TWC these days?
    Can't believe I missed this if it was on live.

are yoou serious?TNA ppv's live on WTC?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I know this one wasn't live, but they plan to do them live in the future, don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i don't think they're gonna have them live in the future. i owuldn't think they could afford it. 1 week delay is the way they are going, as far as i know.

Advertisement