Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toonami trouble

Options
  • 18-01-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Many moons ago, while flicking thru the channels I came accross a 2 minute long advert for Toonami. While I generally do not like ads of this lenght, this one had a great song in the background.

Recently while watching a show about drifting in Japan, I heard it again . Unfortunatly the shows titles didnt tell me its name either. I believe it might be japanese. Its a rock song with some real nice guitaring, dont think there are any words. Anyone have any idea of what the songs title might be?

It contained clips from gundam wing, dragonball, possibly tenchi. At some point it goes quiet, you see the gundam Deathscythe jumps onto a carrier and is about to slash, then someone(possibly heero yui) calls out one more to go, and the music starts up again. I cant really think of anything else. If anyone has a link to a copy of the advert or preferably knows the name of the song and/or artist, it would be most helpful. Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

I know the music you are talking about. That add must be ages old now. hmmm I also heard that music in the Matrix Reloaded movie trailer with the fight with the hundreds of Smiths but not in the actual movie itself. Plus as far as I know if I remember correctly it is also the background music on the menu to the Animatrix DVD.

Maybe that will help you on your quest to find the song, and if you find it tell me too!

Also I think its also in Gran Turismo 3 under the name "Supermoves" but that brought no luck to me but that could be a starter point for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 omegoku

If it leads me to the song you will have my eternal gratitude..

http://www.mp3sugar.com/preview/44522

Click there to hear a preview of the song in really bad quality.

Plus if that is the correct song the name is Supermoves - Overseer

http://www.mp3search.ru/search.html?q=Supermoves&target=&ref=3630

This page actually has better sound quality and better part of the song

thats not the one, i went looking earlier and found this song, but unfortunatly its not the one im looking for.
    Thanks for the help.

Are you sure? As I remember it being exactly that one and I don't tend to forget an add thats 2 minutes long.

• Advertisement

Yup, I might not have been so sure if i hadnt heard it only a few weeks ago, but thats definatly not it.

Well if you do find it, which will be extremely hard now, tell me when you get it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 t_rom/reaper

since this is a thread about trouble on toonami i think i should say it here
    WHERE IS DRAGONBALL Z GONE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

since this is a thread about trouble on toonami i think i should say it here
    WHERE IS DRAGONBALL Z GONE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:
    Hopefully to a bloody and painful level of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

CuLT wrote:
    ....a bloody and painful level of hell.

Is that not a dictionary definition of the usual Toonami line-up?

• Advertisement

hey dragonball z is the most popular japanese production ever and its in the top ten most looked up gtoogle terms i think its there fair to say it soes not deserve that critisiscm:mad: :(:o

hey dragonball z is the most popular japanese production ever

Show me the statisitics proving this.
    and its in the top ten most looked up gtoogle terms i think its there fair to say it soes not deserve that critisiscm:mad: :(:o

Here are the statistics for the most frequently searched google terms:

for 2005: http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/zeitgeist2005.html

for the current month: http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist/weeks-feb06.html

Dragon Ball Z is nowhere to be found.

Without being drawn into a DBZ is **** hot/ the suck fight, I must say that the English dub is not the best thing to go by to start with..
    The manga is a lot better and has none of the thing most ppl complain about, the constapation of powering up.. again the noises are most pronounced in the english dub, which doesnt help.
    There aer those who say that its all mindless powering up and a few fights, but DB has a huge, somewhat complex in places, story and the fact that it lasted the best part, f not more than, a decade showws that the show was(and to a degree still is) hugely popular.
    I would count myself as a DBZ fan, Ive watched it all and even gotten my hands on the generally poor quality movies just to see them..
    Its not for everyone,I agree, nothing is, but the DB manga is one of the funniest Ive ever read, And the latter (DBZ) manga are also quite good.

I personally would be willing to give DB a shot - but only if I could get a subtitled version. I've briefly watched a few episodes (of DB itself) and looks like a non-Americanised version might be okay.

It's no Bleach though...

i personaly dont think there is not a japanese cartoon[sorry dont know how to put it] that has been more popular:rolleyes: if you dont agree prove me wrong

i personaly dont think there is not a japanese cartoon[sorry dont know how to put it] that has been more popular:rolleyes: if you dont agree prove me wrong
    ... I don't think you understand; your opinion is not fact. There is nothing to disprove. The onus is on your to substantiate your claims.

When you get into secondary school you'll start to learn about this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

LMAO CuLT! I love how riled up you get when the DBZ fanboys drop by to inform everybody that "DBZ is teh ownz0r and is teh most statesticles big moneys makar from Japanz EVARRR prove meh wr0ng!2" :v:

sorry for the off topicness, but I just had to give the nod there. And yes, *DBZ sucks.

*may or may not be factual.

psicic wrote:
    I personally would be willing to give DB a shot - but only if I could get a subtitled version. I've briefly watched a few episodes (of DB itself) and looks like a non-Americanised version might be okay.

It's no Bleach though...

Id advise getting your hands on the manga, its a lot better.. Its a lot easier (and cheaper) than trying to find subbed dvds.. I would go as far as saying it has both more laughs and more action than Bleach..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mordeth wrote:
    but what about the ironic humour involved in the show? It's so bad, it's better than bebop.

*throws down the glove*
    Too true :)
    DBZ is my favourite anime, just for you CuLT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

You just said... DBZ... is better than Bleach.. HERETIC!!!!!

After all those episodes Goku is still a kid who likes to fight.

• Advertisement

Yup, I did say that.. And I believe it, Im a bleach fan but its almost as drawn out as DBZ, and according to rumours its all filler for a while now..(Ive only seen 62 episodes). DBZ was far from the first anime I saw, but I do still love it.. I havent watched it in months all the same..

omegoku wrote:
    .... according to rumours its all filler for a while now..(Ive only seen 62 episodes)...

How...I mean...62 episodes?

Man, stop surfing the Wire, give boards a break, go to Animesuki (or where-ever you use) and download the next 8 episodes.... and stop listening to nasty rumours.

HOW can you watch to episode 62 - the climax of such a huge story arc - and not go on to 63*?

I almost feel like posting one of the many spoilers that have come up between episode 62 and episode 70 - just to punish you.
    omegoku wrote:
    I havent watched it[DBZ] in months all the same..

Oh...I get it...you're trying to pretend there's life outside anime...NeoSlicerZ was right.

HERETIC! HERETIC!

;)

Health Warning: Ironically, episode 63 of Bleach is a double-episode...and does have a strong 'filler' feeling...the first half is a recap episode, the second half is spent loosely wrapping up a story arc that you spent 31 hours of your life watching!!!!

Well the bleach filler is getting a bit more interesting.... Bleach Manga ftw.

*resumes watching the entire series of Madlax*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bleach has too many rose petals, don't get all phaeg on me Neo.

sakura blossoms tar.

>redirect your gaze to the second half of my last post. (:

CuLT wrote:
    ... I don't think you understand; your opinion is not fact. There is nothing to disprove. The onus is on your to substantiate your claims.

When you get into secondary school you'll start to learn about this sort of thing.

hey lad im an english teacher so jokes on you buko
    and my point about dbz is there was never a more sucessful anime than dbz due to the large number of fans,games and merchandiseing
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuhh

hey lad im an english teacher so jokes on you buko
    and my point about dbz is there was never a more sucessful anime than dbz due to the large number of fans,games and merchandiseing
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuhh
    If you're an English teacher then I'm Lennox Lewis.

btw, the word merchandising only has one "e".

Edit: The only reason I'm not banning you is because, quite frankly, this is vaguely amusing. You're the perfect DBZ fanboy sterotype.

CuLT wrote:
    If you're an English teacher then I'm Lennox Lewis.

btw, the word merchandising only has one "e".

Edit: The only reason I'm not banning you is because, quite frankly, this is vaguely amusing. You're the perfect DBZ fanboy sterotype.

Mr. Lewis - are you trying to make him cry like McCall back in '97? :D

• Advertisement

psicic wrote:
    HOW can you watch to episode 62 - the climax of such a huge story arc - and not go on to 63*?
    Simply put i was waiting for lunar to get their respective asses in gear, only yesterday did they upload 63 and 64.. of course ive dled them, havent had time to watch them yet..
    as for life outside, that is fiction, i just watched rozein maiden, rizelmine and naruto while i waited..

Advertisement