Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axl Rose speaks!!!

• 18-01-2006 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

This is great news for GN'R fans, could mean Chinese Democracy will be released this year:

"GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose spoke to a Rolling Stone reporter at KORN's tour announcement bash at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in the early hours of Saturday morning (Jan. 14). The following are several excerpts from the article, which can be read in its entirety at RollingStone.com:

On the long-awaited new GUNS N' ROSES album "Chinese Democracy":

"It's a very complex record. I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like QUEEN. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like GUNS N' ROSES.' But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better", "There Was a Time" and "The Blues".

On being more like an average guy than the most mythical rock star on the planet in 2006:

"The only time people ever write about me is when I go out to a strip club, because I don't chase the paparazzi down."

On the possibility of a reunion with his former GUNS N' ROSES bandmates:

"I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years. I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

On the possibility of the current incarnation of GUNS N' ROSES going back out on the road soon:

"Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumored to be on there. But we'll see what happens."

Source: blabbermouth.net

Also, new pics of Axl on http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=46818

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

looks a right tit tbh. also, hanging with good charlotte and korn? says a lot tbh

though who am i to talk, i don't even like gnr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭col1032

Personally id love to see GNR back on the road and witha new album but Chinese Democracy is about 10 years in the making and its also the most expensive non album ever. Axl would need to have every GNR fan back on board if it was going to be a success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i reckon it will have a few classic tracks but as a whole piece i dont think it will work. ill buy it still because i reckon there must be some good songs. i hope it will be a double album too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭col1032

For 10 years work? He would wanna have a box set but I guess i'll settle for just the 1 cd too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

That album will come out two days after his promised knife fight with Slash. i.e never.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

When/if it does come out most people will probably just buy it out of curiosity...I 'll probably only listen to it once or twice then abandon it, can't imagine it being very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cptn_underpants

Some of the songs that are meant to be on the album are quite good from the live performances, like The Blues and Madagascar, but some are dreadful, like Rhiad and the Bedouins and Silkworms. Hopefully he has the sense to not put the ****ty ones on Chinese Democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 child of bodom

I very much doubt the album will be any good, any album r movie r nethin thats hyped up that much and anticipated for so long generally doesn't live up to the expectation. N 10 years is a lot of built up anticipation!!
    Not that i really care cos i've heard welcome to the jungle, november rain n all the other over played songs sooo much i actually want to kill them just for making them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I'm not looking forward to this album because of the time hes taking to make it and he doesnt have the origional band so i have no interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Axl Rose should of been killed off at birth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Guns'n'Roses in name only, that egotistical little twat ran everyone out of tthe band and now he's paying for it. that excuse for a guitarist he had at the mtv awards 3 years ago was a joke, and anyone who bought the greatest hits form last year was only financing this travesty of an albums dragged out and over reported death.
    he claimed it would sound like queen very complex and thats why it's taking so long, wtf, how many queen albums took 10 years, and if i wanted queen i'd listen to my queen cds thanks axl,
    i for one will be rushing out to buy the new velvet revelver album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The fact that he's posing alongside members of Korn and Good Charlotte says it all really. I mean on the wireimage site, look at the list of celebraties on the right, not exactly people/bands you'd associate with Guns N Roses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

JC 2K3 wrote:
    The fact that he's posing alongside members of Korn and Good Charlotte says it all really. I mean on the wireimage site, look at the list of celebraties on the right, not exactly people/bands you'd associate with Guns N Roses...

he went to a ****ing party, people spoke to him, asked for photos,

who said he's hanging around with anyone, he was just in a photo,

there's lots of photo's of Axl with fans from all over the world? is he 'hanging out' with them also???

people will pick up on any little detail if it's negative but totally ignore anything positive

Guns'n'Roses in name only, that egotistical little twat ran everyone out of tthe band and now he's paying for it. that excuse for a guitarist he had at the mtv awards 3 years ago was a joke, and anyone who bought the greatest hits form last year was only financing this travesty of an albums dragged out and over reported death.
    he claimed it would sound like queen very complex and thats why it's taking so long, wtf, how many queen albums took 10 years, and if i wanted queen i'd listen to my queen cds thanks axl,

are you involved in the making of this album????
    clearly you seem to know everything that goes on behind the scenes, otherwise you would not make such "egotistical little twat" comments

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Axl Rose should of been killed off at birth.

but then who would idiots make comments like that about???

I'm not looking forward to this album because of the time hes taking to make it and he doesnt have the origional band so i have no interest.

but make sure you check it out when it does come, you may be surprised!

he claimed it would sound like queen

"Some of the arrangements are kind of like QUEEN"

everybody now...... LETS TWIST AGAIN................

, and if i wanted queen i'd listen to my queen cds thanks axl,

yeah like velvet revolver are coming out with new souding material,

slash still writes the same sort of riffs he wrote 20 years ago.....only they ain't anywhere near as good.

yep Axl was a fool to want to move on and try something new :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

who's going to Adlers Appetite ????

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Awesome. GNR ftw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

confetti use the edit button.
    and of course axl is an arrogant twat what else do you call a band member who forces all the bandmates to sign a contract that gives the naming rights to one sole member or else threatining not to parttake in a sold out tour, the man who drove izzy stradlin from the band, the man who replaced slash but never had the decency to tell him. every single member of the original G'N'R line up has walked away from him because of the way he has treated them. he has famously walked of stage for not liking crowd reactions and also incited riots at gigs endangering the band and fans.
    everything that went on behind the scenes that lead to the break up of the band has been well documented in both print and visual media
    you don't sound like you know too much about the history of G'N'R.

slash quit the band, he wasn't replaced, if you're talking about sympathy for the devil then that's a whole different kettle of fish, but to state that Axl replaced slash is complete bullsh.it and a total lie.

Bands break up the whole time, It is never down to one member, Axl was the only one not on drugs at the time of the Illusions tour, he took control of the band. none of our business.

Riots.....if you're talking about st. louis, yet again you are wrong...Axl's fault again??? No, it wasn't but it has been portrayed that way by the media...

To be honest... You seem to know nothing about the history of Guns N' Roses.... what you seem to know is media lies....edited versions of the truth..... do some research for yourself and please do not believe everything you read.

I do not claim to know everything that goes on, but I do know that in the case of Axl there has been a landslide of bad publicity (some just) but mostly untrue, unfair, and very much biased. He has never been a friend of the media, he has always been a controvesial figure for them to write about, which seems to sell.

For example, when a young gnr fan got mangled by a tractor in america, Axl paid for all his medical bills and brought the band to see him in hospital. was this story told by the media??

Also, look up a condition called Bipolar1, It's what Axl goes through.. maybe it will help understand what causes his eratic behaviour

Advertisement