Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitten Discipline

• 18-01-2006 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm having some problems with 2 9 month old kittens that I'd like to get sorted out sooner rather than later.

We got them through an add on boards.ie, a lovely male and female from the same litter. We were told they were 6 or 7 weeks old and we since thought they might have been younger when they were taken from their mother.

The problem we have now is that they are very, very clingy. They cry outside the door when they hear us inside and want everything we eat, even though when they get it they don't actually want to eat it.
    I disciplined them a bit when they were younger, but my partner has completley spoiled them and now they are getting very like spoiled brats.

Can anyone suggest a good book on cat training I could buy or any good suggestions.

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Mine don't tolerate being closed out of the room, so i just let them in and they settle down;) Cats like to run the household.

Have a look at Petsireland or Irishanimals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Have a look at this site: www.messybeast.com
    Everything you need to know about cats, quite good. I saw an article there on how to deal with clingy cats and I think the solution was good old fashioned discipline - segregate them from you when you're eating, etc. There was more to it than that, of course.

[I think that site has been hacked or something, it's down at the minute (2133h on Wednesday) hopefully it'll be up again on Thursday]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Why do you need to discipline them? I've had cats come to you when they're hungry and that's it, I much prefer having cats that want to be round you. Our current ones follow us from room to room and are constantly crying (esp to be stroked), but I think it's nice.

Advertisement