Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucas?

Options
  • 18-01-2006 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

JUst wondering has anyone appleied to UCAS or received interviews/offers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

If you haven't applied by now don't expect much luck... Everyone I know who applied did so months ago. Most have received replies from all their unis at this point and also have been to a fair few interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

I applied to st andrews, glasgow and Edinborough in October, all of them being a medicine course but i still havent heard anything back from them. Does anyone know how long it normally takes for them to get back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I haven't heard from Glasgow (also medicine) either, but I'm presuming they send something, be it interview or rejection, at some stage.

I've had replies from 3 of my colleges, 2 offering me interviews, the third a conditional offer (brighton pharmacy). Waiting on Newcastle, Edinburgh and Brighton&Sussex Medicine School.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheCelt06

I applied through UCAS and have got interviews for St. Andrews and PMS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

When did you apply?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My advice right now is if you get accepted and decide to go, get on to them as soon as you get you LC results and tell them you accept (if you're holding an conditional offer). The literature says UCAS forwards on your results but it takes forever. I didn't get my final acceptance slip until about 10 days before I left for Uni and it focked up my accomadation.

I think offers for courses like medicine usually take a bit longer to come through, so don't worry too much. UCAStrack is your friend though. I found out my offers weeks before I got the paper offers.

Advertisement